When watching recorded TV on client, shows stop prematurely (1 Viewer)

Jixter

Portal Member
February 22, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Server on Win 7 running MePo 1.3.0RC
Client (over Wifi g) on Vista also running MePo 1.3.0RC

Hi

When trying to watch recorded TV shows on client PC, shows will play (usually flawlessly) for about a minute before freezing for a few seconds and then ending, returning to list of recorded TV shows. I have attached log file "TsReader-2013-02-22" which appears to suggest an EOF has been reached prematurely (at 15:04:01)?

Can anyone help?

Other info

MePo otherwise performs very well on both machines.
The same TV show played on the server machine plays fine all the way through.
The TS file, if copied to the client's HD and played as a video plays fine all the way through.
The TS file, played over wifi using Windows Media Player plays fine all the way through.
All other videos, DVD images etc play fine all the way through on the client machine (all sources are on server)
[edit] Live TV also plays well streamed from server to client, with only few glitches.

Many thanks....

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try using the 'UNC paths' option for TV streaming - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/Debug_Options? and https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rtsp-in-multiseat-mode-test-plz.36735/page-28

....and note - you must put full UNC paths (i.e. starting with \\) in the boxes - mapped drive letters will not work.

(Need the full client and server logs to work out why TsReader.ax is receiving no data for 5 sec or more using RTSP - which is why it thinks it's got to the end of the file).

Tony

Last edited:

Jixter

Portal Member
    February 22, 2013
    Home Country
    OK Tony, thanks for your reply. I will try this tonight - I take it this is to give further options for exploring the problem, rather than a potential fix?

I will post those logs also, after the next test

jx

Jixter

Portal Member
    February 22, 2013
    Home Country
    Tony

Thanks so much for your help, the suggestion you made has cured the problem. No idea what The difference between UNC and RTSP is, so I'll go and look it up.

Any downsides to doing it this way? If not, could it be made the default (or at least easier to change?)

Cheers again,

jx

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some people using 'UNC paths' find it fails occasionally with liveTV - that's one reason why it's a hidden option. But to be honest it could probably be 'unhidden' now - it's been in the code for a long time.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom