Where do these BlueTwo package files come from (1 Viewer)

MaRuBi

Portal Member
October 31, 2005
Germany
In the skin directory I noticed some large files. When I opened them
I found they contained all the png of the media folder in some non obvious
layout scheme. After I deleted these nothing is displayed when I try to start MediaPortal 0.2.0.
Can anybody tell me how these files are constructed from the Media folder files.

Thanks in advance!

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi MaRuBi,

These files are basically a cache of the skin, in a few large files rather then 100s of small ones. This helps speed loading time. These files are automatically generated by MP, when it start if they don't already exist. To get MP to generate them again make sure you have deleted them all (.png and .xml).

Also if you want to make changes to the skin files you need to delete these files before the changes will be loaded into MP.

Cheers,

/James

MaRuBi

Portal Member
    October 31, 2005
    Germany
    Thanks for the quick reply James.
    Do you by any chance know how these files are named exactly?
    I think they started with something like pack... but I'm not quite sure.

greetings

MaRuBi

mike_cgn

December 6, 2005
    Cologne, Gemany
    this could be the clue I need ...

I started working on a lcras-skin last week, after replacing grafics they wouldn' t change in the actual skin so I already got bored searching.
    To important info to not mention!
    I'll try to delete abstracts tonight.

Thanks,

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    They are called something like "Packedgfx.png" and also an XML file. If you delete just the png's then I guess you would get the blank screen as the XML file is still telling MP to use the cache, even though it doesn't exist.

To fix this up, delete all pack*.* files, including the XML. MP will recreate them the next time you start. This is also required whenever you change any image files in the skin directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom