3. TV Card Type: Analogue
3. TV Card Driver: v2.0.48.24227
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: dScaler5
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: NZ Freeview; Optus C1 (156)
HTPC Case: Silverstone L03-VFD
Cooling: Zalman 9500Cu
Power Supply: Ion2+ 600W
Remote: Logitech 880
TV: Sony 66cm CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA -> RGBVH

I recently install an AMD HD3850 graphics card with the latest Catalyst drivers (8.10). I can't seem to see the AVIVO codec in the MP configuration options?

Does anyone know if it appears, and what it's listed as? :confused:

Cheers
Rich

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Ohhh interesting! I have that all installed but never came across an ATi specific codec. Is it any good? I'll have to check it out.

Apologies for the false information! I guess I was thinking it was the same as NVidia's purevideo, where you need a codec that supports it?!

meierk

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Spragleknas

I know your response was aimed at revs comment that there is no "AVIVO" codec, but from the link you provided ATI indicates it only works for X1000 series cards. Rich has an HD3850 so according to ATI, this will not help him. Have you tried with a card other than an X1000 series and did you have any success?

Thx,
    Kevin

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Wrong :)
    Go to ATI -> drivers -> XP/vista -> [your card] -> Individual driver download packages, ATI Multimedia Center, Avivo™ (...) -> Complete Avivo™ Suite for X1000 series products or higher

I did use his setup info when finding the link, although I believe it is all the same :)

meierk

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Go to ATI -> drivers -> XP/vista -> [your card] -> Individual driver download packages, ATI Multimedia Center, Avivo™ (...) -> Complete Avivo™ Suite for X1000 series products or higher

Thanks for the correction. As @rev asked, is this any good (what is your experience)?

I'm having issues with *some* mvk files right now and since I have a 780g motherboard, I would prefer a hardware acceleration solution to my problem instead of the standard ffdshow solutions that are floating around. Sorry if the question doesn't make sense, still trying to get my head around all this codec stuff and the various products that people are using.

Thx,
    Kevin

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have not yet found "the perfect codec", but if I had to name one, the ATi AVIVO would be considered.
    (Considering the price it might even win:)).

IIRC I had some issues which I believe was related to DVD navigation (using MS DVD navigator).

PQ is great and I know devs that think it is far superior.

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for bringing me up to speed on AVIVO.... I guess I just assumed that because the setting were there in the Catalyst Driver then the actual codec was installed also. I'm currently running Cyberlink PwrDVD 8 codec (so that should be using the AVIVO settings I have, right?).

I might also try installing the actual ATi codec that Spragleknas has pointed out.

Thanks again
    Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom