Where to download? (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I need to download the current version but the only link seems to be to SourceForge, and that link takes me to a zillion directories and seem to expect me to be a software developer or something. Is there a link that simply downloads a setup program or installation thing?

It's frustrating when it seems that users are actually excluded from consideration on big projects like these, where everything discussed excludes anyone that hasn't spent months/years living, testing, and configuring the thing...

nylonhof

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    SVN version DO expect you to have a good knowledge of Mediaportal and its plugin architecture in particular. They are ongoing development builds, which may have fixed some bugs but also have lots and lots of new bugs, heck it could easily happen that your database gets screwed up completely.

So no, we don't want everyone using those without understanding these things.

The latest release of what we consider "stable" can always be found in the MP download repository here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/VideoorMovies/MP-TVSeriesplugin/

Unless you have a very specific reason to use an svn (like something doesnt work and youve been told its fixed in a n svn) you should ALWAYS use that one.

Whats frustrating is not that the "average user gets excluded" but that the average user doesn't take 5 minutes to read the sticky topics to get them started and instead wants everything presented on a silver platter to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom