Where to set quality settings for recording ? (2 Viewers)

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
July 15, 2005
NorthPole
You know to the lower,medium,High ect settings. Where do i set what settings i want for each of these settings. I seem to not be able to fine them anywhere ??

Would like to know whatthe maxium settings is, as i want to max it out for High Definition recording :)

At the moment i have one recording and set to high quality. No idea what high qualitu will mean to a HD show !!!

Thanks for the help.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you are referring to DVB-T, there are no settings for quality. The recording will be done in the same resolution and "quality" that it was broadcast.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Why does it give me the options for Defaul,portal and ect high when picking the program to record.

I set it at high. I asume it makes no difference what i pick or High would be the right one to use ?

I'am using a DVB-T Divico HD tuner card, if that is any help.

Alittle confused as i know i saw this setting in the earlier release of MP. I could set the quality settings for each option or was i mistaken ?

Thanks.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Found it. Capturecards/Edit/Quality :)

High is 8000 to 12000. Maybe if set the recording to default it would record the bitrate of the show ?

8000 to 12000 seems fine for the recording, but the broadcast will be 720 and i realy want it recorded at that quality.

Thanks for any insight on what settings i should use.

Thanks.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As I said above, you cannot modify the "quality" for DVB-T recordings. The MPEG2 stream that is received by your card (whether it is 576i, 576p, 720p or 1080i) will be recorded exactly as that, in the bit rate that was transmitted. There is no processing of the MPEG2 stream by MediaPortal before recording.

Those quality settings are for analogue TV cards only.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to record i HD ??? I have read a tread about this a while ago, there DMAN sad it was not possible with the current TV engine.

As highlighted in a previous thread on the same subject MP is not HDTV aware at the moment.
    Yes you can playback HDTV content however live broadcasts cannot be watched.
    The DVB demuxer is not set-up to decode H.264 at the moment. It requires more than that though as we need a recording engine which is H.264 aware. DVR-MS is not.

Will it be sorted before the World Cup - NO. Unless someone submit a patch who can recieve this stuff and confirm it's working.

DMAN

The tread there the quote come from can be find here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=7991&highlight=HD+recording

Or has the TV engine been changed sens then? Or is it possibel for MPEG2 streams.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    How do you record them ??

I just tried and set the recording to high 20000,20000 and the thing will only play in Mediaplayer classic and it just stutters and is unplayable. it just refuses to play in anything else :(

Do i need a special codec or somthing ??

Thanks.

It also recorded the 1280by720 720p broadcast at 720by576. Now that just amkes me sad. But the picture looked fine and no problems watching it. But would be nic eif i could capture as a .TS file like my Tunercard software :(

Thanks.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    It seems it plays just fine though MP. Which is cool. Now all i have get the EPG up and use that function to view all teh other stuff i want to watch :)

Woo hoo.

Thanks all.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible to record i HD ??? I have read a tread about this a while ago, there DMAN sad it was not possible with the current TV engine.

The tread there the quote come from can be find here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=7991&highlight=HD+recording

Or has the TV engine been changed sens then? Or is it possibel for MPEG2 streams.
    Hi mirk,

I think there is some confusion with terminology here....

High Definition (HD) DVB broadcasts can be in MPEG2 or MPEG4. Currently, all the DVB-T broadcasts in Australia are MPEG2 - both SD and HD. MediaPortal can view and record these MPEG2 HD broadcasts just fine.

However, I understand that some countries are now using MPEG4 (H.264 specifically) for their HD broadcasts, and MediaPortal cannot handle MPEG4 streams as yet. This may change with the *new* TV engine that is being developed.

HTH....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom