Where to start? (1 Viewer)

omemnow

September 24, 2009
Once I installed the plugin I'm not sure what to do after that. How come under output device in pure audio plugin , I'm unable to change any settings? When I click settings the screen just get stuck. Also, when I choose use ASIO under general settings it says "NO ASIO devices avialble.."

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Once I installed the plugin I'm not sure what to do after that. How come under output device in pure audio plugin , I'm unable to change any settings? When I click settings the screen just get stuck. Also, when I choose use ASIO under general settings it says "NO ASIO devices avialble.."

first off settings are in MPH config under external players.

As for no devices, does your soundcard have native ASIO support? If not you might need to install ASIO4ALL

omemnow

September 24, 2009
    Thank you, so it turns out my sound card isn't ASIO support. Once I installed ASIO4All things looked promising. However, I'm still not getting sound :(
    My receiver connects to the PC via SPDIF.
    Inside PureAudio, under output device I chose first channel: HD audio SPDIF out 1 and last Channel: HD audio SPIDF out 2. Everything is kept the same.
    Inside ASIO v2.10 WDM device list HD audio SPIDF out is active and it's in green. Everything is kept the same.
    How come I still don't hear audio when playing music inside media portal? Please help, I've spent over 5 hrs messing around with this plugin. I hope it's worth it in the end.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    I found that some trial an error is required to get asio4all to work with a given sound card. Turn the sound down on your amp - lest horrible white noise is produced and try different settings in asio4all for bit depth etc until sound is produced. You might need to adjust sample rate and bit depth to suit your amp. Try 44.1kHz and 48khz initially your amp will support these.

K

omemnow

September 24, 2009
    Last night I played around with different settings. Not only it didn't work but now my computer no longer plays regular sounds ie: mp3s and windows theme sounds stop working. However, movies in DTS format still work. Looks like I'm ready to throw in the white flag for this plugin. If someone has any other suggestions I'm willing to try.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    you might just be unlucky in that your sound card does not work with asio4all.

There are other ways of getting bit perfect sound (inc DTS) playback in MP music player without asio. Have a read of the various bit perfect threads in the music player section.

Key is that you get a soundcard which can autoswitch between 44.1kHz and 48kHz. Such sound cards can be had for aroun £10 but you have to be very selective and get a card with exactly the correct chipset.

Kev

omemnow

September 24, 2009
    Perhaps you're right about the sound card may not support it. I may be side tracking, but I played around with my soundcard settings under control panel and I discovered that I have Realtek Digital card (this could be a generic name). Then to my surprise it allows me to upconvert audio to 2 channel, 24 bit, 96000 hz (studio quality) which makes my receiver kicks in "pcm 96". It may not be bit perfect but it sounds a lot better than before. Everything sounds so clearer and distinct. It's funny that I learn something new about my computer by accident like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom