Which dual tuner DVB-T? (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Another vote for the peak. I have had lots of cards over the years and this one copes with standby and is quick changing channels.

I believe some people have reported issues with this card (win7 x64?) But it has been rock stable for me on xp

danzx2

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Just thought I would update on this.

I received the Peak tuner, installed it and its working perfectly. XP Home SP3 and the S3 is working too. Very happy.

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FYI a lot of people I know have had problems with Hauppauge 500 TD s (the newer ones) that don't work well with Windows 7.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Hauppauge T/TD 500
    Apparently the T 500 takes a long time to reinitialise after standby. The TD 500 could also be affected. I'm going off the warning in TV Server configuration in the general section - no experience of this myself. Also take care that you do your research - I recall one of these models having issues depending on whether there are two aerial inputs or not ("diversity" model). Can't find the thread and can't remember which is bad/good...

I've got the T-500 and it does require about 10 seconds to initialise after boot/resume, which is a bit annoying. Under XP I had to run StandbyHandler to disable/re-enable the card for it to work after resume, but I haven't needed to do this under Win7. It may be that newer drivers or MP1.2B has something to do with this, so it may not be an issue under XP anymore. I'll try and find the time to test this. Other than that it's been a reasonable dual-tuner card for about £50 and I'm even using the included remote, which I rather like, although plugging it into the card can be a little tricky as the plug tends to clash with the case metal surrounding the card, but nothing a little wiggling doesn't sort and it's not like it falls out or anything. I think it's probably better and tidier having a PCI card rather than a USB dongle, and worry about the durability of those, particularly with an aerial hanging off them, but if you haven't got any spare PCI slots it's the only alternative really. I guess using a USB extension lead so that the dongle and aerial can lie flat on the floor would be a good idea.

I believe it's the TD-500 that has two aerial inputs and I'd definitely avoid that.

raintree_county

Portal Member
    August 5, 2011
    Home Country
    China China
    I'd recommend going with 1.2.0b if you buy an AF9015 based product - some people have reported slow graph-building issues when using more than one tuner with pre-1.2.0b versions... should be fixed in 1.2.0b. I'd agree that on the whole they're definitely a reasonable choice. :)

AF9015 is the second generation DVB-T demodulator chipset from Aftech Taiwan back in 2006,then it was replaced by advanced AF9035 chipset in 2008. Don't know if there is any AF9035 based products from Peak or other supplier. If you require receiving not only Freeview SD,but also Freeview HD, TBS6280 PCIe DVB-T2/T/C Dual Tuner card is another option.

philippe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2006
    Lyon
    Home Country
    France France
    I have 2 Peak USB Peak DIGITAL DVB-T Freeview TV
    They are really great cards for the price with MediaPortal 1.2 Alpha.

Today, I have just installed Mediaportal 1.2 Beta and i have the text box error "no signal" in Mediaportal.
    If I Scan with 1.2Beta... No channel are Found...
    Any ideas ?

Thanks

Philippe

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Philippe

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Please could you start a new support thread, and make sure that you post logs. Using the watchdog makes it easy. :)

mm

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    FYI a lot of people I know have had problems with Hauppauge 500 TD s (the newer ones) that don't work well with Windows 7.

I'm using the Nova-TD USB Stick (model 52009) in Windows 7 SP1 with MP 1.2.0b and it's working flawlessly with one Antenna going into the dual tuner ports. I don't use Standby/Hibernation so I can't comment on that. Initially there was a long channel change delay, but that was resolved by setting the Network Provider for the tuners to "DVB-T" in the TV Service configuration.

huckster2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I'm using the Nova-TD USB Stick (model 52009) in Windows 7 SP1 with MP 1.2.0b and it's working flawlessly with one Antenna going into the dual tuner ports. I don't use Standby/Hibernation so I can't comment on that. Initially there was a long channel change delay, but that was resolved by setting the Network Provider for the tuners to "DVB-T" in the TV Service configuration.

I was referring to the PCI version.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom