Which DVB-S cards work fine with MP??? (2 Viewers)

mhuelsew

Portal Member
July 26, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Memory: 895 MB
Motherboard: C51-MCP51 (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
TV Card Model 1: Twinhan DVB-S
TV Card Type 1: DVB
TV Card Driver 1: 1.2.3.0 BDA
TV Card Model 1: ADS Instant DVB-S PCI (PTV-341)
TV Card Type 1: DVB
TV Card Driver 1: 4.0.108.2 BDA
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6150 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 81.98
Video Card Resolution: 960x600
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: 1.28
Synopsis:: -

Hi there.....

As you can see above I have two DVB-S PCI cards installed in my PC with the intention to use both parallel. Unfortunately my configuration seems to be so "unusual" that MP fails to properly work. Sideinfo:

1. Diseqc: I have a Monoblock (Astra+Eutelsat), where Eutelsat is "A" and Astra "B".
2. Both cards work perfectly fine with the bundled software, even when running in parallel.

Following is my expericence with MediaPortal:

1. ADStech (detected as DigiGo V2388x ADS Instant): During the scan quite many channels (>1000) are scanned from both satellites. Back in MP I can hardly see some channels on Eutelsat but none on Astra. When switching to a Astra channel MP says "no signal" and sometimes its impossible to switch back to Eutelsat channels (PC needs restart)
2. Twinhan DTV SAT-CI: With the BDA drivers some channels (~300) from Eutelsat are found but none from Astra. Watching TV is nearly impossible because because the picture is not smooth, channel switching very slow.
3. When having both cards loaded in MP, nothing seems to work anymore, I cant see any channel. I have assigned all channels to both cards.

Questions:
1. Is the lack of Diseqc functionality a known bug or is my card just incompatible with MP?
2. Is it feasible to have two different BDA-drivers installed & used in parallel?
3. The channel edit possibilities in MP are very limited, not easy to handle. Is there a plan to create a channel editor as for e.g. standalone receivers?
4. Does anyone currently use a combination of Diseqc (2*LNB) and two BDA-DVB cards without issues (short switching cycles, recodring, timeshift, watch another channel when recording etc)? If yes, which MP version & DVB hardware is used?
5. A proposal from my side would be to link MP with the external software & use their ressources to control the cards, just integrate it into the MP environment (e.g. installation as ProgDVB or other external DVB viewer SW plug-in). Is there a chance to do this in MP?
6.Can I somehow contribute (e.g. with donation, testing support etc.) to improve the situation?

I am really desperate now & appreciate your suggestions very much!

Regards, mhuelsew

Keep on the great work MP team!!!!! :)

mhuelsew

Portal Member
July 26, 2005
I edited the post to make my problem more clear, I hope I suceeded & we can start a discussion how to further develop MP to make it the BEST HTPC software in every mean!!!!

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
2. Twinhan DTV SAT-CI: Watching TV is nearly impossible because because the picture is not smooth, channel switching very slow.

Try the 1.2.1.9 drivers awailable from www.digitalrise.biz

Many people have problems with driver release 1.2.2.x and newer. video/sound stutter more or less on different releases. 1.2.1.9 drivers is the fix for most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom