Which is best (2 Viewers)

priest1955

Portal Member
May 31, 2006
Help! I've set up my XMLTV and some of the stations aren't giving the right information, and others are not giving any. I'm in the UK, and am a novice when it comes to setting this up. I spent quite a few hours yesterday, just getting the grabber to locate the XMLTV files. I extracted the files from xmltv-0.5.45-win32, to the XMLTV folder, but I just created another folder, so I had to do a bit of cutting and pasting. The long and short of it is, it's not working as well as I thought.
Can anyone recommend or advise the best way to do it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why are you using xmltv if in the uk, a lot easier to use WEBEPG for analogue cards, or for DVB either EPG from TV stream\WEBEPG your choice, but much more supported by MP nowadays.

priest1955

Portal Member
    May 31, 2006
    Things have got worse. I couldn't find the EPG grabber, and then realised I had an earlier release of MP. I downloaded the latest stable release, installed it, scanned for stations for Emly Moor, and when I started MP, there were no channels at all. When I went into setup, and tried setting the stations for UK All Regions, it just closed down and gave me the dreaded Windows error message. I really love the flexibility of MP, but this is driving me nuts.

Redriderdave

April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello I am in the US and I have no idea how to get the program guide to work on my pc.. Does this actually work in the USA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom