Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films? (1 Viewer)

Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As My Films 5 progresses, we really need to know how many users are using the various different movie catalogs supported by My Films. This is particularly important to determine the amount of development Guzzi does for different catalogs.

Please be aware that the votes on this poll may be used to decide if support for the catalog is continued in MyFilms. :eek:

Furthermore, we are looking at adding support for more fields, particularly those supported by most or all movie catalogs (e.g. Studio, Edition, Audio Channels, etc). However, to do this, we really need testers willing to test the implementation in each catalog type.

We have good testing for:
    • Ant Movie Catalog (AMC) (the internal default catalog supported by My Films)
    • Eax Movie Catalog
    • eXtreme Movie Manager (XMM)
    But of course it never hurts to have more ;)

However, no one has volunteered yet to test:
    • DVD Profiler
    • Movie Collector Pro
    • My Movies
    • Personal Video Database
    So if you are willing to test one of these catalog types, please respond in the Testing thread.
    This may determine if additional field support is added to these catalogs.

:D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    How about adding Ember Media Manager to the poll?
    Ember afaik doesn't create it's own catalog file / xml-export, but creates nfo files and local artwork, that other catalogs can read/import - so using EMM from MyFilms perspective would be like using MyFilms with spplied AMCupdater - which internally is AMC4 format.
    But from user perspective I understand your request - @Dadeo: what do you think?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    IMO first we need someone willing to join the My Films Test Team and officially test Ember Media Manager using the new support for NFO files, and help document anything required.

Then, once 6.0 is released I see no reason not to add Ember Media Manager, and other catalogs that support NFO files as a supported format, to the Poll.

J

joostzilla

I bet Ncoh and i are willing to test Ember MM. Especially since we are already using it. ;)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi i used Ember too, i think this is the best way to make my own Moviecollection with all Infos and Covers.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom