Why can't I see the mapped drives!?! (1 Viewer)

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just started testing MP2 server and I want to change the recording folders to a mapped drive. I have exhausted all of my time trying to figure out why the mapped drives cannot be seen. So, I'm at the mercy of benevolent and knowledgeable individuals from this forum.

Setup.-
  • MP2 server is running under Windows 7 Enterprise.
  • The Windows 7 is a virtual machine under VirtualBox.
  • VirtualBox is running in my MacMini (huge drive, 16GB RAM, multiple CPUs).
  • I configure the VM to have a local folder as a mapped drive. This set-up is used for another product and it works flawlessly.
Diagnosis.-
  • I can see the "mapped" drive with the Windows Explorer.
  • I launch the MP2 set-up program and I go to the Recording settings to change its folder. I click on the [...] button and no mapped drives are shown.
Q: Why are the mapped drives not shown? If the concern is that mapped drives cannot be seen by the MP2 service, then give me an option to punch in the machine name and the folder (\\machine_name\folder). Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
AC

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Antonio :)

I have exhausted all of my time trying to figure out why the mapped drives cannot be seen. So, I'm at the mercy of benevolent and knowledgeable individuals from this forum.
    We don't bite! Therefore in future I recommend you don't exhaust your time before asking.

Q: Why are the mapped drives not shown?
    If I've understood correctly, you'll find what you're looking for by searching under "network". I still run XP so can't be sure that this is the correct name, but on my PC I'd navigate to "My Network Places" -> "Entire Network" -> "Microsoft Windows Network" -> <work group or domain name> -> <PC name> -> <shared folder name>

If the concern is that mapped drives cannot be seen by the MP2 service, then give me an option to punch in the machine name and the folder (\\machine_name\folder).
    We're not intentionally hiding mapped drives, though a fair few people seem to want to record directly to NAS and personally I wouldn't recommend that.
    Main reason to not make the folder field editable is to avoid human error when typing in the path.

Antonio Carballo

August 19, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Figured out the problem: I had to run the set-up program "As An Administrator". I could not see the content of the Network until I did that. I changed the folder and I can now move onto the channel set-up.

Thanks for the quick response!

/AC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom