Why does entering Movies display 'genre' folders? (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    on Alpha-4, when I enter Movies, it displays 20 or so 'genre' folders. There's no option in the left-side 'hidden' menu to change this ('small/medium/large/covers' just changes the layout of these 'genre' folders). I couldn't find any way to change it anywhere else, either.

Is there no way to have the initial view of Movies a listing of all the movies in my collection? (sorted by most-recently-added of course). It makes no sense to expect my household to be forced to browse the movie collection by genre and be faced with a meaningless row of folder icons.

Also, the initial screen displays a 'total count' number on the top right that implies the total # of movies in the collection, but in fact it isn't. Because a movie often has more than one genre, many are counted twice or more. So my 3400-movie collection appears to be about 10,400, according to that display. Sure, a technical person like me can easily work out what its really displaying, but I don't think the gui should be pandering to OCD database administrators, it should be pandering to 35-yr old housewives that just want to check to see what latest movies are available!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to open menu -> filters. Here you can change the kind of filtering/grouping. The setting will be saved and used for the next time.
    MP2 also saves the layout and sorting for each "level": I.e. you can build a hierarchy like: filter by language, filter by collection, show all items. Each view can have own layout and sorting.

If you are missing some features feel free to report them. There will be some work on the features for beta release.

Neff

Portal Member
    February 22, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are the movie views supposed to fetch poster images and display them in the grid and list views? I only seem to get them in the cover view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom