[Question] Why no standby ? (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Seems this message was there because I had accessed a HTPC folder via windows homegroup, so this is ok. I was not connected when doing the standby tests.
Ok, some time after disconnecting the other PC this message is gone now.

What would be the correct message that indicates that all is working like intended ?
Atm I am getting (with an active recording):
Next wakeup time: 26.08.2013 22:08:00 Scheduled Recordings
Standby is handled by Windows
Standby prevented by: TVController (Recording)
[DRIVER]Legacykernelaufrufer

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Seems this message was there because I had accessed a HTPC folder via windows homegroup, so this is ok. I was not connected when doing the standby tests.
Ok, some time after disconnecting the other PC this message is gone now.

What would be the correct message that indicates that all is working like intended ?
Atm I am getting (with an active recording):
Next wakeup time: 26.08.2013 22:08:00 Scheduled Recordings
Standby is handled by Windows
Standby prevented by: TVController (Recording)
[DRIVER]Legacykernelaufrufer
This is absolutely correct: Standby is prevented by the TVController (becuase of a recording) and by a legacy driver (probably the tv card driver).

So everything is ok with your system now?

Michael

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
"Standby is prevented by: " shows nothing now, I even disconnected the ethernet cable, but it still won't sleep.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
"Standby is prevented by: " shows nothing now, I even disconnected the ethernet cable, but it still won't sleep.
This would indicate that your Windows power settings are wrong. Or do you have other "power tools" running? You should toggle between Expert and Plug&Play Mode in PS config to reset the Windows power settings.

Michael

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Thank you Michael, that did it !

Will have to look if I can get it into S4 instead of S3, but apart from that it went into standby and woke up in time.

Concerning possible bugs:
  1. It seems that "TV Server Configuration" did not restart TVService after I activated PowerScheduler
  2. I have switched from Plug&Play to Expert mode and back before and it did not help then. This time I closed and restarted "TV Server Configuration" before switching back.
  3. "TV Server Configuration" crash as described in post #1

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Concerning possible bugs:

1. It seems that "TV Server Configuration" did not restart TVService after I activated PowerScheduler
  2. I have switched from Plug&Play to Expert mode and back before and it did not help then. This time I closed and restarted "TV Server Configuration" before switching back.
  3. "TV Server Configuration" crash as described in post #1
1. You are right - we have to fix this! Maybe it concerns other TVServer plugins too.
2. If you switch back and forth and do not click "Apply" or close TV Server Configuration with "Ok" your settings won't be saved and do not take effect. Did you mean this by "and it did not help then"?
3. I cannot reproduce the crash: Could you please write down exactly all steps you take to reproduce it?

Michael

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
1. Great !
2. Yes. If I switch from 'Plug&Play' to 'Expert', the 'Apply' button stays greyed out. 'Apply' only becomes active after switching back to 'Plug&Play'. So in the past I had already switched to 'Expert', could not click 'Apply' and switched back to 'Plug&Play', perhaps clicked 'Apply' then and closed TVServerConfiguration with 'OK' - this was not enough. There is no hint in the tool that a restart of TVServerConfiguration is necessary before switching back.
3. I will see if I can make it reproducible - isn't there some info in the log ?

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
2. Yes. If I switch from 'Plug&Play' to 'Expert', the 'Apply' button stays greyed out.
This is correct because the switch to Expert Mode only affects the visibilty of "expert" options, but no settings are changed.
'Apply' only becomes active after switching back to 'Plug&Play'.
Then the settings are reset to the default (depending on the profile selected). To activate them you have to press Apply or close the Config tool with "Ok".
So in the past I had already switched to 'Expert', could not click 'Apply' and switched back to 'Plug&Play', perhaps clicked 'Apply' then and closed TVServerConfiguration with 'OK' - this was not enough. There is no hint in the tool that a restart of TVServerConfiguration is necessary before switching back.
No need to close the tool, pressing "Apply" is enough...

Michael

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Sorry, I could not reproduce the crash so far.

I have now switched to Expert settings to use S4, but although I set "Standby after" to 0 min and "Hibernate after" to 5 min (as in http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...eduler/3_Advanced_Topics_////_Troubleshooting) and the windows energy saving settings are also correct, the htpc still uses S3 instead of S4 (blinking power button, instant wakeup).
I had to restart the computer so these settings were used.

After wakeup, the windows taskbar was visible (but-non functional - rather like an image). It was not visible before Hibernation - I had "Hide taskbar in fullscreen mode" active all the time. Alt-tab switching did not help to get rid of it, the only thing that worked was restarting MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom