Why not live internet TV in myTV ? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

ok . with the new version of mediaportal you can listen to internet radio stations in myradio and configure it as you want . but it's sad that we can't watch live internet tv , fullscreen , in myTV . It would be very nice , with windows media live tv or winamp tv .
It would be very cool if it could be integrated to media portal....
I hope you'll work on it !
And I'm waiting for it ...

A

Anonymous

nikosb2003 said:
ok . with the new version of mediaportal you can listen to internet radio stations in myradio and configure it as you want . but it's sad that we can't watch live internet tv , fullscreen , in myTV . It would be very nice , with windows media live tv or winamp tv .
It would be very cool if it could be integrated to media portal....
I hope you'll work on it !
And I'm waiting for it ...

Would be interesting to see this implemented, not that I know that many tv channels that are availble on the net. Do you have any examples to check out?

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this already works! Maybe it's in the wrong section, but it works.

Simply create a new stream in the myRadio module and type the url of an internet tv stream, for example "http://62.153.249.21/live/online/adsl.asx". Additionally you can Type "Internet TV" or sth. as genre, then the channels are grouped together.

The live picture is shown in the visualisation window. By clicking the magnifying glass or pressing "x" you can easily switch to fullscreen view.

Hope, I could help you
    Maschine

A

Anonymous

maybe the possibility of live tv could than be added to a section of mytv.

seems as if the needed code already exists in myRadio...

i think that would be a nice addition and probably won't need much work

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    moonlord said:
    maybe the possibility of live tv could than be added to a section of mytv.

seems as if the needed code already exists in myRadio...

i think that would be a nice addition and probably won't need much work

I agree, if it's not too much work that is. The advantage with this approch would be the ability to have EPG data for Internet channels as well. Recoring and such things would of course not be necessary, just pure TV-watching.

A

Anonymous

Cool stuff... just need to find some channels that are availeble... any good samples?

A

Anonymous

Samsonite said:
    Would be interesting to see this implemented, not that I know that many tv channels that are availble on the net. Do you have any examples to check out?

Hey Samsonite arent you a customer of "Bredbandsbolaget"? They do provide a couple of channels streamed over internet for their customers (for exmple Discovery Channel). Wouldnt it be great to be able to grab those with mediaportal? :D

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    open the language file that you use.
    Search for 'My Radio"
    replace for "My Radio/Streams"

Fixed :)

A

Anonymous

Odrike said:
    Samsonite said:

Hey Samsonite arent you a customer of "Bredbandsbolaget"? They do provide a couple of channels streamed over internet for their customers (for exmple Discovery Channel). Wouldnt it be great to be able to grab those with mediaportal? :D

Yes I am (you little spy ;) ) but I have tried to get them to work but they never seem to initiate. Then again it was some time ago since I tried to connect to them channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom