Why showing internal subtitle instead of external? (1 Viewer)

paerola

Portal Member
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi.

Since MediaPortal v1.5 internal subtitles are choosen before external. If an mkv-video has builtin subtitles (internal) that subtitles is displayed instead of the separate subtitle file (external).

That was not the case in MediaPortal v1.4 and earlier. Now I have to switch to the correct subtitle in the cc-menu. I am playing from the built in video-section of MediaPortal.

Is this a bug or is it a deliberate change of behavior?

In either way it would be better if it was like before and that is; MediaPortal first choosing the external subtitle to display with the video and then if that not exist choose the internal subtitle as a last option. This is how for example VLC works.

My subtitle settings
Engine: MPC-HC
Mode selection: auto loaded by language preference
Default language: swedish

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The mkv files you have these issues with, did they play back with Swedish subs (external) without your interaction before 1.5? Just to make sure it's not the files themselves (assuming the internal subs aren't missing Language tag).

I have a Chinese movie with internal English subs and external Swedish subs and the Swedish subs are loaded correctly. Please try updating to MePo 1.6. I have the exact same settings as you have.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom