Why the Auto Language selection (1 Viewer)

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Why oh why oh why - How the Microsoft disease spreads.

OK, I live in Paris but I AM NOT FRENCH... so why is it that even when I change the title selection in the importer does moving pictures decide that I must be French and despite what I say I want it decides that I will have movie titles in French.

Very Very annoying - I have language set to English in configuration but just like Microsoft, moving pictures has decided that it knows better than me.

Please let me know if I am missing something obvious - I want my movie menu in English PLEASE.:eek:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I assume you are pulling movies from IMDb? Moving Pictures absolutely does honor your language selection, but the imdb.com website automatically selects the title of a movie based on your IP address. This is not something we have control over and something we have had great difficulty consistently working around.

You can probably solve this issue by selecting to manually manage your data providers and setting themoviedb.org as your primary source for movie info. This will most likely be the default in the future because of IMDb's shenanigans. Hope this helps.

nemmondod

December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    i have the same problem :( i have no idea why imdb thinks that if my IP is from Romania i must be german. It keeps showing me movie titles in german. i want original english titles :(((( I had to register an account on imdb and set everything back to english. That solved the browser problem. Anyway, it would be nice if the developers would add an option of letting us login to imdb via mediaportal or moving pictures, so when we add a movie, the scrapper would get the title in the language which is set in our account on imdb, or maybe imdb should take this stupid localization stuff off their site :) .

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks for the reply and explanation ffrode, my solution was to go through all the films (about 250) and cut the sort by field to the Title field as this was in English. Sorry for my rant in the original post but I have a huge problem working online here in France, everything - Paypal, ebay flight and hotel booking sites assume I am French and force me to use their French site - when I saw it in my MP system I snapped.

I have all settings at default selections, I will play around with default and see how I get on with my next rip.

Keep up the good work - definately one of the most impressive plugins in MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom