Why Would I Use My Films? (1 Viewer)

ryall

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TBH i find My Movies slow as hell, sometimes to the point of complete unresponsiveness. All my movies are on hdd, and MyFilms handles this large library flawlessly. You know something's wrong when xml parsing is faster than a database. Plugins like MyFilms and MyTVSeries are what make MediaPortal a valid PVR option

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
It would be relatively easy to have MyFilms scan for files on local drives and using the folder hierarchy stuff make them appear with the rest of the entries in subfolders. It could pick up video_name.jpg & video_name.nfo for pic and info to give a basic cover and description entry for those who can't be bothered to run ANT (It could store these entries in a temp ant db so you could easily merge it with your main ant db if required). That way I wouldn't need to use MyVideos at all anymore for the loose stuff on my drives but not in the ant db.
Nice idea...
Do you plan to work on it ?
Keep if mind if you do so to don't integrate in the plugin code parsing value to search on specifics site for movies descriptions. The ANT software is a good reference for that, his author don't upgrade it however it is always up to date for parsing sites because of scripts always maintained by users...
So it'd be nice to have parsing elements in xml files so users can change it if site design change and even developp new files for new sites...
In the same idea, i wish to integrate Trailers view in that plugin by searching them on the net with an analog method by storing specific site's value in external (xml) files.
Too many good plugins are now broken because the parsing design is integrated to plugin's code and need a code modification to take into account site design's changes and there were no developpers to do...
PS : on SVN I put a new version 4.2.5 with some enhancements for DVDProfiler compatibility and in seraching file movies. Now it's not mandatory to store the filename of each movies if you fileNames contains the Title Movie(of course based on Regex expressions..).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you want metadata you're probably not going to get that happening automatically, that said I wrote fully automated ant scripts for imdb.com and tv.com + amazon for covers so they could be easily recoded in c#.
The TV Series plugin does automatic metadata loading and it works very very well. There is an interface for tweaking/loading things that dont get recognized, but by and large if you have named your files in a sane manner, it will pull correct metadata for it. There is no reason this couldn't also be done for movies.

cyberquixote

Portal Member
September 1, 2006
This sounds like a VERY exiting release for me! Is it available for download somewhere? I only see 4.2.4 in the main repository...

raiuga02

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
My films updat item

I have in this moment this problem.
Example
In DVD1(ID1) I have 3 movies each one with the picture and comments etc
In DVD2 (ID2)I have 4 movies each one with the picture and comments etc

When I use this plugin I can not get the update picture for 2º,3º,4º movies.
I have always the first picture and comments of each ID.

Can you help me to get all details when i select each movies (DB Ant Movie catalog) ?

Thank you
Mario

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Example

Can you help me to get all details when i select each movies (DB Ant Movie catalog) ?

Thank you
Mario
Can you upload an extract of your xml ANT database with thoses movies ?

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just wanted to say I appreciate you guys clarifying what this plugin does. I had no idea it could do all of these things! I'll have to check it out.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Ok . This is my file
Thank you
Example

I ave always the first picture and comments of each ID.
OK, can you give me the Movies Titles which are not displayed correctly and give your problems ?

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Example

Thank you
Mario
OK, problem identified and it'll be corrected in nexr version (the problem is when you use the same number for many movies as the plugin use that information to find the right movies infos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom