Wierd problem with TV on 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
(Had to select 1.2.2 in the Version box as 1.2.3 isn't an option yet).
I was watching BBC One fine and then went to tune to ITV1 and after a while it said it was unavailable, so I tried a few other channels including Ch4 and that was the same. BBC One still worked. This would have been roughly around 18:50.
I closed MP and noticed the Network icon in the systray was showing a problem, and checking my router it also showed no connection to that PC. I use the Loopback Adapter though, so I'm not sure why that should affect TV, and only some channels at that.
Anyway, with no network connection I couldn't even VNC or RDP in to the box, so had to do a hard reset, after which it seems to be working normally. Hopefully there's a way to prevent this happening in future, as I don't want my brother (who I'm building this HTPC for) to have to be rebooting to get TV working.

Steps to Reproduce:
Watch BBC One.
Tune to a different channel.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    As a side note:

2012-04-16 18:53:46.235908 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Speedfan Shared Memory Initialization Error. (Error Code: HTPCInfo.Core.SharedMemoryException: Error accessing shared memory area. (2)
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanSharedMemory..ctor()
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor(Boolean filterZeroValues)
    at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanConnector..ctor()
    at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors(), Error accessing shared memory area. (2))

There is something wrong with the HTPCInfo plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom