Wife wants to use HULU I want MyTVSeries (1 Viewer)

JustusIV

Portal Pro
April 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So i have been a user of MP and mytvseries for years and years. But as of yesterday i took my cable box in and signed up for HULUplus. My wife really likes Hulu desktop and the interface and its easy for her to use and doesnt require manually finding shows on the internet. I refuse to give up the flexablity MyTVSeries offers, so was i wondering about writing a little app that if mediaportal closes then it launches hulu and if hulu closes it luanches MP. That way its seemless to her and we can have the best of both worlds.
Thoughts?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So i have been a user of MP and mytvseries for years and years. But as of yesterday i took my cable box in and signed up for HULUplus. My wife really likes Hulu desktop and the interface and its easy for her to use and doesnt require manually finding shows on the internet. I refuse to give up the flexablity MyTVSeries offers, so was i wondering about writing a little app that if mediaportal closes then it launches hulu and if hulu closes it luanches MP. That way its seemless to her and we can have the best of both worlds.
    Thoughts?

Or use the MediaPortal MultiShortcut Plugin and launch Hulu desktop from MediaPortal Home (or wherever) and when 'she' closes Hulu you are back into MePo to do as you please.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcut-plugin-75305/

JustusIV

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Glad i asked before i coded something. Thanks for the heads up.
    Anyone else doing this? Is this also why there is no hulu plugin?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Attached is the BasicHome icon I made for my own setup

Attachments

• hover_hulu.png
      hover_hulu.png
      62.3 KB

MontanaVike

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    We use the MultiShortcut method and it works great. The only issue is teh very slight delay between switches (MP to Hulu Desktop) where it shows the computers desktop. Not a huge deal but it does tarnish the integrated look a bit.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    We use the MultiShortcut method and it works great. The only issue is teh very slight delay between switches (MP to Hulu Desktop) where it shows the computers desktop. Not a huge deal but it does tarnish the integrated look a bit.

That's simply the perfect excuse to upgrade the HTPC to a faster system with SSD, so that there is no delay :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom