Wifi Remote / TV3 Blaster Plugin in MP2? (1 Viewer)

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Very nice work on MP2! Makes me feel like switching from MP1 to MP2.

Unfortunately, there might be two show stoppers:
    1. How can I install the TV3 Blaster Plugin on my stand-alone TV server? If that's not possible: What is the intended way to control my set top box through the TV server?
    2. Is there a way to control MP2 through WiFi?

Thx, G.

Last edited:

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks, Lehmden.

No, I am not talking about the Server Blaster Plugin. Im MP1 I use the TV3 Blaster plugin which allows me to control my set top box using my USB Uirt.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TVEngine plugins reside in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3\Plugins.

So first thing you should try is to place the plugin there and restart the MP2-Server service and look into TV Configuration if it is available.

DamianFears

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    @GoldenEye, did you get this resolved? I'm trying to get MP2 working with the same issues.

I run an external EXE on STB channel change (which starts WinLirc, checks connections etc and blasts a signal) I can't see how IRSS is built into MP2 without this feature.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @GoldenEye, did you get this resolved? I'm trying to get MP2 working with the same issues.

I run an external EXE on STB channel change (which starts WinLirc, checks connections etc and blasts a signal) I can't see how IRSS is built into MP2 without this feature.
    I had no success so far. Copying the MP1 server plugin to the MP2 server location as morpheus suggested didn't help.

I can see and configure the plugin and I can send IR commands through the plugin gui. But changing tv channels does not trigger the uirt device sending the command.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

DamianFears

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Yeah, same issue here. I think the plugin needs to be re-developed for MP2. I'd have a go at doing it but can't seem to find any good doco on creating MP2 TV server plugins.
    Pity - MP2 has come a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom