framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    May be some things could be added in the Wiki dev page there :
    MediaPortal1_Development/CompilingMediaPortal - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

When we want to compile C++ filters with Microsoft DirectX SDK from November 2008, to avoid dxerr9.h not found error, we have to go in tool->option->Projects and solutions->VC++ Directories and add this paths inside include and lib tabs (sorry, pictures are in french) :

What do you think about ?

Attachments

• 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      51.7 KB
    • 02.JPG
      02.JPG
      51.9 KB

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Direct SDK from March 2009 works fine. But you have a very valid point about changing the recommendation from "the latest" to March 2009. Also windows SDK had to be v61 for filter compilation to work for me.

At least I didn't have to manually add the directories you point to. Just make sure you follow the instructions in #5 to the letter, especially concerning trailing "\". This should probably be emphasized in the text.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Wiki dev changes ?

Direct SDK from March 2009 works fine.
    At least I didn't have to manually add the directories you point to.
    Hi Seidelin,
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a miss in DX SDK from November 2008 I have on DVD then, not directly MP related but, exist with this DX version.
    Also windows SDK had to be v61 for filter compilation to work for me.
    Just make sure you follow the instructions in #5 to the letter, especially concerning trailing "\". This should probably be emphasized in the text.
    Yes absolutely, this is very well explained in wiki and compile is working fine here.
    :D for your answer.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just wanted to add that the MSBuild compilation section in that wiki page did not work for me initially. I needed to use v3.5 (not v2.0.50727) as follows (single line):

"%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe" MediaPortal.sln /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=Release

I am running Win7 x86, so it most likely depends on the .NET framework and associated SDK that are installed :)

MLH01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom