Will this box works with MP? (1 Viewer)

DanThMan

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Product_S650
It's bundled with ProgDVB, so I assume it's ok?
It's really cheap and performed very well in a test made by tele-satellite magazine!
I've just landed here from Sweden and I like to say cheers and Happy New Year to everyone!
/ Dan

floater

December 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm trying to set the TeVii up with MP. I'm new to satellite so it took me a while to get the dish pointing in the right direction for Astra 2D but so far so good. The SD channels seem to be working fine. It also works with ProgDVB but WMC won't recognise it for some reason. I'm now investigating how to get an h.264 codec to allow me to watch hd with Vista 64 and MP. Will post updates here.

R

Update:

Crikey! HD is like looking through a window but without the glass!

So, I downloaded the CoreAVC trial codec and all seems to be working well. I think I'll definitely be paying for the non-trial version. If all goes well over the next few days, there'll be an MP donation too.

Here are the details of my setup:

Quad 3.2GHz Vista 64 bit PC with 8GB ram
30" LCD (2560 x 1600)
nVidia Quadro FX570 graphics card (I think this would support hardware decoding with compatible codecs).
MediaPortal
TeVii S650 (using the 64 bit drivers realeased on 30/12/08)
CoreAVC h.264 codec
Multimo Twin LNB dish

Hope that helps somebody!

R

DanThMan

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the info!
Please keep us updated. I'm thinking of buying two Tevii together with their cardreader for PVR function.
Do you watch free channels only?

floater

December 15, 2008
Home Country
Dan,

I also plan to buy a second unit when I'm sure it all works. I don't have any current plans to use any subscription services but if you go ahead, I'd be interested in hearing how you get on.

R

hingstin

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Hi

Any progress here?

Is it working with cardreader/interface

and is everything still well or have any new problem occurerd with this card??

~G

floater

December 15, 2008
Home Country
No progress from me - I'm only tested it briefly before taking the dish down. I'm doing some other jobs around the place and then I'll install the dish permanently.

DanThMan

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

Any progress here?

Is it working with cardreader/interface

and is everything still well or have any new problem occurerd with this card??

~G

I've bought the 460 and the 650 together with the Tevii cardreader. They are both working very well!
I have CD Nordic with lots of HD-channels :D. Still got a lot of issues with MP, but it's got nothing to do
with the tuners. It's not easy to get MP stable and WAF-friendly ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom