Operating System Win 7 S3 sleep - pc not waking up correctly (1 Viewer)

Dydey

Portal Member
March 8, 2008
Wolverhampton
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've been running Win7 with MediaPortal since 2011 and have had no problems with the sleep functions. I have used PowerScheduler++ and it hasn't really missed a beat until recently when something changed on our HTPC. It will no longer wake up fully - it turns on, but there is only a black screen and no other functionality. It isn't a graphic card glitch as scheduled recordings don't take place and VNC from another machine still shows the black screen. Crashing out from the on/off switch doesn't resolve the issue, the pc powers back up in the same state. The only "cure" is to turn off the wall socket for a couple of minutes then the pc will reboot.

It isn't MP as sending the pc to sleep from the OS gives the same results
It isn't Windows updates - from EventViewer these took place on the 10th July where as the last Kernel-Power Event 42 (The system is entering sleep) occurred on the 15th.
I have run Memtest86 and there is no reported problems with my RAM
I have checked my BIOS and there appears to be no problems there - although I haven't changed the battery.
I have removed PowerScheduler++ and reinstalled.
I have spent most of this afternoon changing and resetting the sleep options in Win7
I have Googled and can find threads relating to Beta versions of Win7 - but nothing helps

Can anybody help? I will post any logs required if you can point me in the right direction.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I would suggest you check/swap the PSU.

Sometimes you can have a fault with the 5V feed.

Have you got another PSU you can test with?

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom