win 8.1 audio and video glitches (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You possibly just need to zip it; the forum only accepts certain file types. Either that or put it on mega.co.nz.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here you are. video defects slightly less bad in this version. Audio issues clear. Syas 'breakfast' but is evening news??? I think I have sorted that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, I see - you're transcoding your recordings. Please can you post a raw recording (ie. TS file) because although I can see and hear the issues, I can't tell if the artifacts are due to the transcoding or were present in the original recording.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks
    Okay, so I think that is pretty cut and dried: either the issues are in the source stream from TVNZ (really unlikely) or they're being introduced by the tuner. I say this because there are no continuity errors in the recording... and yet it shows video and audio artifacts when played here. I'm confident you'd be able to reproduce the problems in other software and other people would be able to reproduce the problem with the provided recording file.
    The sorts of things I'd be checking now are motherboard chipset drivers, PCI BIOS settings, heat levels, interference, trying different PCI slots (if you have them)... the sorts of things you wouldn't normally think of. You might try reporting the problem to TechnoTrend as well and see if they have any comments.

mm

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers,
    given it happened with one OS only and that it is duplicated across two machines (current one running at about 38 deg C), seems to me that a physical slot etc is more unlikely than a card issue. As you say the driver is pretty old. Any thoughts on a multi tuner DVB-S replacement? V grateful for you time and thoughts.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    given it happened with one OS only and that it is duplicated across two machines (current one running at about 38 deg C), seems to me that a physical slot etc is more unlikely than a card issue. As you say the driver is pretty old.
    Yes, I'd tend to agree. I'd still ask TT if I were you. Might be some kind of known W8 issue.

Any thoughts on a multi tuner DVB-S replacement?
    Quite a few options:
    • TeVii S480/482 (TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCIe DUAL is a clone)
    • TBS 6980/6981/6982 (or 6984/6985 for a quad tuner solution)
    • DVBSky S952 (I think the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress DUAL is a clone)
    • Blackgold BGT3595 or 3600/3602
    • KNC TV-Station DVB-S2 Twin
    • Digital Devices Cine S2 or DuoFlex S2
    I'd probably recommend TBS or DVBSky for the best balance of price, reliability and support.
    The TeVii/TerraTec option is probably okay too. Haven't had as much experience/contact with them.
    The Digital Devices tuners are fine but again, more expensive than you probably need due to their flexibility and advanced CI options.
    The Blackgold option is probably more expensive than you need due to the extra DVB-T/T2/C tuners.
    I wouldn't recommend the KNC option for the moment. Compatibility with MediaPortal is not the best.

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi. Heard from TT at last. They believe their driver is fully functional so must be an issue with motherboard or other drivers. Not much help. Having said that I tried live TV a couple of days ago having written it if until I can get a new card, and it all seems to be running fine. No change to the TT driver, so no idea what has happened.
    Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom