Win XP Embedded (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    hey Cwleveck. First, I have to say that you may win the award for the most polite poster ever on this forum.

For a bit of background, we get a lot of people coming on here complaining about no support for embedded and expecting someone else to do all the work. for this reason (I think) people haven't posted too much in response to your question. Embedded would be a great thing, but there is a heavy reliance on Dx8 and dot net in MP, which isn't really implemented in CE yet (happy to be proved wrong though). It sounds like if anyone is able to work towards this goal then you may be just the person ;-)
    As far as I know it hasn't been achieved yet. I think the main issues are the DX and DotNet.

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just looked at my post, wow, talk about long winded. Ill try to keep them short and sweet from now on.
    Please don't.. The more info we can share the better.. And it wasn't quite a long and winded as you made it. - And it gave a better background than your first post.. (Why am I always the one who thinks people would steal from M$ :) )

BTW- The runtime image for a copy of xpe is about 70-80 bucks, cheaper than xppro, and much cheaper than MCE. Also, the development software is available as a free download from microsoft and allows you to build images that are good for 60 days i think on demo. and the license for the new CE 6.0 is like 15 bucks. so it can cut down on end user costs. and my stb cost me about 300. not bad for HD and 6ch sound.
    See.. I did not know that :) Thing is, _can_ you, as a mere mortal human like myself, buy XPe licenses from Microsoft ?.. I thought they came in boxes with like 50+ licenses ?

Cheers, - and keep the information coming !......
    Steffen

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    There are already a lots of Embedded XP, 2000 and 98 installations.

Especially TinyXP and Retestrak XPreleases are good.

I use Tiny XP myself, and is does the job VERY well.

I'm never gonna reinstall my XP CD from bottom again:)

Have a look at: http://www.retestrak.nl/Board/
    There are lots of XP releases. Just remember you have to OWN XP to use em - else its illigal!

/Morten

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    There are already a lots of Embedded XP, 2000 and 98 installations.

Especially TinyXP and Retestrak XPreleases are good.

I use Tiny XP myself, and is does the job VERY well.

I'm never gonna reinstall my XP CD from bottom again:)

Have a look at: http://www.retestrak.nl/Board/
    There are lots of XP releases. Just remember you have to OWN XP to use em - else its illigal!

/Morten

Morten - I'm trying to figure out if I should try TinyXP Beast edition as it sounds just about right for an XP64 3000+ with 1gig of RAM :) Thing is, do you know if it'll support custom drivers during install ?.. I'm using the nForce raid controller and I'm not going back to solo drives so supporting custom drivers is a must..

Cheers,
    Steffen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom