[Win7 X64] TVservice -> Unable to create/start graph (1 Viewer)

bartosiej

November 12, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey all,

After succesfully setting up mediaportal with a terratec cinergy pci c hd on vista x86, i tried doing this on windows7 x64.

Besides the TV card i also have a cardreader which is neccesary to unscramble the non-FTA channels, i use newcs to read the smartcard and use the mdapifilter/ACamd to let mediaportal communicate with newcs (for unscrambling).

The problem is that the TVService always crashes when i try timeshifting a channel (even FTA channels), it comes up with the error msg: 'Unable to create/start graph'.

Sometimes i can fix the problem by restarting the TVservice, after doing that, sometimes i get lucky and im able to timeshift a FTA channel, changing it to another FTA channel mostly results in the error message though.. Haven't even tried timeshifting scrambled channels..

Is this an issue that's related to Windows 7 X64? Anybody that knows how to fix it? I tried several svn versions, but none of them seem to work..

here's some additional info:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 with latest svn (tried several)
Windows Version: Windows 7 X64
CPU Type: E8500
HDD: 2x Samsung F1 750GB (RAID0)
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: P5Q
Video Card: 8800GTX
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy PCI HD

Hope someone out there can help me out..

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    6be21cc66e54c339d1f86a19d4e2a678.png

How to gather log files
    How to show System Specs
    How to start support/bug thread

--- PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THIS MESSAGE ---
    Logs and system specs should always be added - just in case

bartosiej

November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sorry about that, here is a log, reproducing the graph error..

did this using remote desktop connection, hope that doesnt affect the log

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You can try to force graph to be released by adding a file 'c:\resetgraph.txt' and then restart tvserver. Maybe that helps as by looking at logs might be the case.

bartosiej

November 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    awesome thanks!! this really solved that problem..

however I can't get mediaportal to communicate with NewCS.. whatching FTA-channels is no problem, but whenever i'm changing to a non-FTA channel it gives a black screen and after a minute or so it says: 'Connection to the TV Service lost', the tvservice is then also stopped..

I added an error log, the error can be found at the end whenever i switch from 'Nederland 1' (FTA) to 'Nederland 2' (nonFTA)

Hope someone can help me out here

JonasHermansen

Portal Member
    November 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You can try to force graph to be released by adding a file 'c:\resetgraph.txt' and then restart tvserver. Maybe that helps as by looking at logs might be the case.

I have the same problem and I suspect this solution will work for me as well.
    But I have no idea how to "add a file "c\resetgraph.txt" - to where should this be added?
    and shouldn't the file contain something?

Hope some one can help!

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    awesome thanks!! this really solved that problem..

however I can't get mediaportal to communicate with NewCS.. whatching FTA-channels is no problem, but whenever i'm changing to a non-FTA channel it gives a black screen and after a minute or so it says: 'Connection to the TV Service lost', the tvservice is then also stopped..

I added an error log, the error can be found at the end whenever i switch from 'Nederland 1' (FTA) to 'Nederland 2' (nonFTA)

Hope someone can help me out here

Check if you have ffdesca.dll in MediaPortal TV Server folder, if you do, try to rename it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom