[no Bug] Win8+Intel 4600HD=Dynamic refresh rate not working (1 Viewer)

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Check that screen resolution remains same after refresh rate changes . This problem is not uncommon[DOUBLEPOST=1370524596][/DOUBLEPOST]Also setup a delay of half second after refresh rate change. This is also sometimes needed

Resolution remains 1080p, both according to my TV, amp & windows.

How do i setup this delay? I've looked but can't find it :/

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make a batch file, start with 2seconds and if it works reduce it.[DOUBLEPOST=1370526540][/DOUBLEPOST]Easiest way to pause is to use the ping command

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Make a batch file, start with 2seconds and if it works reduce it.[DOUBLEPOST=1370526540][/DOUBLEPOST]Easiest way to pause is to use the ping command

Sorry, i don't understand how exactly to do that. I can make a batch file alright, and make it run the 12noon stuff, but i dont know how to make mediaportal delay playback that way.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    use google, very easy, I'm on my tablet put ping at start of batch file use t timeout feature

Last edited:

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    use google, very easy, I'm on my tablet put ping at start of batch file use t timeout feature

Got it thanks. It sort of works with 5sec timeout (havent bothered to go lower yet). But if i am watching tv and want to switch to a movie (or the other way around) weird stuff happens... TV->Video = total freeze of mediaportal, needs to be closed by task manager. Video -> TV = goes to menu without starting TV. New log attached.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Change to problem refresh rate using bat outside mediaportal, check your resolution or colour space is not changing.

also copies of full log please with mediaportal in debug mode using watchdog report bug to team mediaportal so not using streamedmp or other 3rd party skins or plugins . will get someone to look at your logs

Last edited:

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    OK. Intel posted new drivers today, which fixes all of these issues (as far as i can tell by a quick rundown). Sorry about the trouble, and thanks for the excellent support (as usual :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom