Windows 10 and Digital Devices

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by Stéphane Lenclud, September 1, 2015.

1. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Anyone with Digital Devices DVB-S tuners already running on Windows 10?
    I'm considering upgrading my main HTPC to Windows 10 since my development PC appears to work so well under that OS.
    I have a Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 and a Digital Devices Flex CI.

Last edited: September 1, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    My 4 years old OCZ Vertex 2 SSD gave up on me yesterday so I had to do a full system install and decided to go for Windows 10.
    So far, so good my DD setup is working just fine.
    I did try to install Windows 7 as I wanted to get the free upgrade but Windows 7 DVD boot kept freezing at the screen where you select languages and local settings at the very beginning of the installation process.

How I regret ever investing in those OCZ Vertex 2 drives. I bought two back then and both did crash with loss of data. The first one I could recover but is now rarely used in a test system cause I do not trust it. The second one that crashed last week-end I won't be able to recover. BIOS just can't see it anymore. I can't RMA cause it is out of warranty now. After my first OCZ crashed I wisely invested in a couple of Intel SSD, both are still going strong.

Last edited: September 7, 2015
  4. Skywizard
    • Premium Supporter

Skywizard MP Donator

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I have a dead OCZ also. I used that in my win7 Media centre. I too, now prefer Intel SSDs - I am using 2 in different PCs - 1 desktop and 1 laptop.

• Agree Agree x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!