[solved] Windows 10: TMT6, VitualCloneDrive & Mount Issues. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The latest PowerDVD 11 Ultra...
Maybe you have to update to PowerDVD 15.

I'm sorry, I mistyped. I do have the PowerDVD 15 Ultra.

Although I have discovered the problem, I haven't discovered a solution for it. PowerDVD is looking for a very particular Folder Structure inside the BD ISO's. If even a single folder is missing, it gives the above error & refuses to play.

There is a painful solution to it. Re-rip all my BD's and create the appropriate missing folders. I have 100+ BD ISO's and this will take incredible long. I'm hoping to find a different solution.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you're intent on pursuing the PDVD option then I suggest you contact Cyberlink support. I honestly think they're the people who would be in the best position to help you with a problem like that.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    If you're intent on pursuing the PDVD option then I suggest you contact Cyberlink support. I honestly think they're the people who would be in the best position to help you with a problem like that.

As far as intent goes - I really have two options only; i) Abandon Windows 10 & revert back to Windows 8.1 where everything from TMT6 to all BD ISO's works flawlessly, or ii) Fix my BD ISO's for PDVD.

Apparently this BDMV Folder Structure issue is well documented. It's not necessarily an "Issue", but more of a compliance thing. Cyberlink is not going to offer any solution as such, as this is not a bug - it's intentional.

Right now I'm exploring a solution that some other people in the same boat applied. There are applications like WinISO or PowerISO that allow you to edit an ISO on the fly. They can open an ISO, create folders, and then "close" the ISO without much hassle. Without any other possible solutions that I can see, my only other one being switching back to Windows 8.1, I'm seriously considering this option.

Out of 20 BD ISO's I tried, 6 of them did not play. Which means 6 of them need to be fixed. This might still be time-consuming, but not nearly as much as I imagined. I may have to just go one by one, open up my ISO's in something like PowerISO and fix the ISO's to make them PDVD compatible.

I'll post back here how things progress.

Thanks for your posts MM ... appreciate your help.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @luci5r
    Hi
    I am in the same boat as you except I do not have as many .iso's. I too am seeing Win 10 BSODs whenever I try to play a BD movie with TMT 6 at best it will play for me for about 15 minutes and then bang. Quite by chance I tried the same movie using TMTs desktop mode and it played all the way through. I have set up the path in Moving Pictures to the uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe, it is not as clean as the MCE mode but it does seem to work for me. Having said that I am not 100% clear of apparently random BSODs so that TMT6 driver may still be causing a problem. It would be very interesting to know if it works for you?
    The real killer is that none of the freeware players can handle BD3D which is important for me and PowerDVD, even if get round it not playing some rips, still does not intergrate too well in MP.:(

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    @luci5r
    Hi
    I am in the same boat as you except I do not have as many .iso's. I too am seeing Win 10 BSODs whenever I try to play a BD movie with TMT 6 at best it will play for me for about 15 minutes and then bang. Quite by chance I tried the same movie using TMTs desktop mode and it played all the way through. I have set up the path in Moving Pictures to the uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe, it is not as clean as the MCE mode but it does seem to work for me. Having said that I am not 100% clear of apparently random BSODs so that TMT6 driver may still be causing a problem. It would be very interesting to know if it works for you?
    The real killer is that none of the freeware players can handle BD3D which is important for me and PowerDVD, even if get round it not playing some rips, still does not intergrate too well in MP.:(

joecrow & all,

I had been meaning to jump back here and detail my experience.

After much hunting & gathering, I was finally able to resolve all my issues, and have a perfectly working Windows 10 based MediaPortal/HTPC now; no BSOD's, all BD's, including BD3D's working flawlessly.

Ultimately I learned that it was not VirtualCloneDrive or SPTD drivers, or any third-party image mounting drivers at all which were causing the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD's on my Windows 10. I actually spoke to someone at SlySoft, the makers of VirtualCloneDrive (and AnyDVD), who assured me that VirtualCloneDrive was actually updated to work with Windows 10. It was fully compatible and the latest version didn't have the drivers that caused problems in Windows 10. This was my own oversight. Upon reading details on the VirtualCloneDrive download page, it very clearly stated compatibility with Windows 10.

As it turned out, my CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD's were being caused by ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater. Specifically, a driver called "ArcCtrl.Sys" that can be found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. This file is installed by TMT6, and not only is it incompatible with Windows 10, but actually causes the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD's in Windows 10. If you head over to ArcSoft's website, it very clearly states that TMT6 is not compatible with Windows 10, in fact ArcSoft has abandoned the production of TMT6 altogether. It's not longer supported or maintained. It's an obsolete software at this point.

As soon as I uninstalled TMT6 from my system and manually removed all traces of any directories associated with it, my BSOD's ceased. I've not had a single BSOD since I removed TMT6.

I reinstalled VirtualCloneDrive & even AnyDVD HD ... no BSODs.

My next issue was an external player for BD & BD3D. Head over to Cyberlink and grab a copy of PowerDVD 15 Ultra. This program is fully compatible & supported by Windows 10. Latest drivers and all. Moreover, the player works flawlessly!! I was able to program all shortcuts into my Hauppauge Remote just like I had done for TMT6, and it handles all BD's and BD3D's flawlessly just like TMT6 used to. I have not had a single problem migrating from TMT6 to PowerDVD 15 Ultra. There is absolutely no feature missing; no errors and no issues. It does everything TMT6 does, and considering it has newer drivers and is well maintained, updated & supported by Cyberlink, it is actually more stable then TMT6. I've had intermittent quirks with TMT6 over the years - but PowerDVD 15 has been working flawlessly.

The only issue I experienced with PowerDVD 15 was that it refuses to play BD ISO's that do not have the entire / complete directory structure. The solution was simply - PowerISO. PowerISO is able to manipulate an ISO on the fly. For the most part, some of my BD's were missing a folder called "META". Just create an empty directory called "META" where the rest of the folders reside, right inside PowerISO, and close the ISO. It works flawlessly after that in PowerDVD 15.

My Windows 10, MediaPortal 13, PowerDVD 15 Ultra combination has been working flawlessly for days now - no issues, no BSODs.

@joecrow: You should seriously consider migrating from TMT6 to PowerDVD. TMT6 is responsible for your BSOD's. You'll have an afternoon of setting up PowerDVD, finding and eliminating any quirks, getting everything to work properly -- but You'll be a happy camper after that. Feel free to ask me any questions should you come against any issues.

Hope this helps anyone in my boat.

Thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @luci5r

Pleased to hear you got it all working:) and many thanks for all the info.

@joecrow: You should seriously consider migrating from TMT6 to PowerDVD. TMT6 is responsible for your BSOD's. You'll have an afternoon of setting up PowerDVD, finding and eliminating any quirks, getting everything to work properly -- but You'll be a happy camper after that. Feel free to ask me any questions should you come against any issues.

I uninstalled TMT6 earlier this week and yes, no more BSODs(y). I still have AnyDVD installed but got rid of VCD in favour of the "native" .iso handler in MP and Win 10. I am currently using the MP BD player for Bluray which is OK:unsure: but only as an interim solution until I can get something working with 3D capability.
    I did try the trial version of the Stereoscopic Player which claims to be able to play back MVC (3DMKV, a way I would like to go as an alternative to ,iso rips) videos in 3D. On my desktop PC it looked promising, it played on my non 3D monitor in anaglyph, I don't have glasses but it seemed to be 3D. On my HTPC with 3D TV (polarized), however, I could not get it to output a format that worked with the TV, also its BD handling is very very basic, it is not free either so I'm not sure at this point. If anyone else has got this working I would be very interested.
    I also installed the PowerDVD15 trial with slightly mixed results, it plays BD disks flawlessly with the full BD menu etc. with images though it was a bit strange, not sure if it is the same problem you had but on a short test from the desktop (MP not running), if I first mounted the .iso then started PowerDVD, in "Classic mode" ( just clicked on the icon), it played back perfectly and I could also switch to Cinema mode and play it there also. If however I closed PowerDVD from "Cinema" mode and went through the procedure again it would restart in "Cinema" mode but would not play the same disk (.iso) reporting it had an unsupported format.o_O I need to do more on this next week.
    Question:- For the intergation in MP where you able to find a .exe in PowerDVD that always starts it in the "Cinema" mode as per with TMT the uMCETMT6.exe entry point?????

Thanks again

P.S. Both of the images I tried with PowerDVD15 do have META folders containing data.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom