Windows 7 gadget bar shows on screen (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: MP1.1.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    HDD: WD 1.5Tb
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
    Video Card: 512MB MSI Radeon HD 5450
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst latest
    Sound Card: Realtek high def
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: K-World PCI-E Dual DVB-T PE355-2T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova HD S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova HD S2
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffshow/SAF
    h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freesat
    HTPC Case: Antec NSK1380
    Cooling: Stock Intel
    Power Supply: Antec
    Remote: MS MCE
    TV: Toshiba 40XF355DB
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Folks I'm struggling how to describe this issue so please be gentle. On my windows 7 system. I sometimes see a strip that is about 15% of the screen down the right hand side of the screen that is lighter than the rest of the display. This seems to correspond to the Windows 7 gadget bar overlay. I see this when playing TV both SD and HD content with MP. Note that you can only see this area when there is a bright scene (like the sky) being displayed. The odd thing is that it is not always there. It seems to appear when I turn my TV on (MP is running all of the time, and has the screen saver enabled), but it seems to go away after approx 10minutes of playback.

I've tried various things like setting always on top for MP, switching to other applications etc. disabling the Windows 7 gadget bar service. But none of these seem to make the area go away. Can anyone else see this? Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it? Oh and I should say I have no gadgets enabled in the bar...

I can provide logs but I'm having a heck of a job to get this to happen when I want it. I suspect that the TV has to be turned off for some period of time to get this to trigger...

Thanks

Andy

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Ok so I guess no-one else has seen this. I'd like to grab a screenshot of the problem so that people can understand what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this when playing a TV stream under Windows 7? Does Alt+print screen work (can't try this at the moment)...

Andy

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    So this is not a software problem. I've finally tracked it down to a problem with my TV display. What I'm seeing is one of the backlight strips on the LCD panel being brighter than the others. After a while things seem to warm up and the problem goes away... Hope this does not mean that my TV is on the way out...

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom