Windows 7 + Green Button + Blank Screen (1 Viewer)

X-Nemesis

Portal Member
November 9, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
So I've got MP installed on Win 7 in vista compatiblity mode. Now how do I get that darn Green Button to open MP? I installed MPtray AND MPtrayMod (rebooting after each) but nothing worked. Installed IRserversuite but got lost how to set that up so uninstalled.

On top of this when I load MP via mouse double click and then select my mkv file from my Movies folder...all I get is sound and no video.

I have divx 7, coreavc installed

Looking for help:confused:

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

If you want to install IRSS again, you can configure the Translator program to start MP with the green button. Shout with the details if you need help with that.

Maybe you can look in the SAF thread for help on your other problem.

burnett2win

Portal Member
    February 18, 2007
    Hi

I got MP running on Win 7 and realy like it. My only Problem is that I couldn't get MPtray to work. I tried IRSS instead but "Input Service" doesn't react on startup (had the same Problem in Vista).

Anyone got the 'Green Button' working in Win 7 ???

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    Yes i got it working with the replacement driver for vista and the ir server suite. You have to install the replacement driver for vista and then the ir server suite. Then you have to configure the mce remote via the input services configuration. for the mce remote you have to disable the automatic buttons and after that mptray will work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    I had this issue using MP 1.20 Windows 7 x64, AMD 5570 catylst divers 13.12, since upgrading to MP1.21 Final, this issue has disappeared, but now have issue where remote volume OSD is absent....which was working in MP 1.20, :(
    I had this issue using MP 1.20 Windows 7 x64, AMD 5570 catylst divers 13.12, since upgrading to MP1.21 Final, this issue has...
    The much delayed rollout of the Win 10 x64 1809 update finally arrived for my HTPC but after installing I ran into a number of...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    In fact I corrected the kodi error by putting the file in an other directory, it appears it didn't delete the original file. In fact the client will be a kodi add-on made to access this server.. I will uninstall MP2 again and install both client and server .
    In fact I corrected the kodi error by putting the file in an other directory, it appears it didn't delete the original file. In...
    Hello everyone! I'm new on this forum, but I read a lot of thing yesterday. I have a project, build a HTPC based on this...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom