Windows 7 Half & Full Screen problem is sloved with 1.4 but generated a new problem (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The fixed that were in Mediaportal 1.4 included solves a lot of Problems, especially the annoying Windows 7 Half & Full Screen Problem. Now I can switch on and of my Tv and Reciever and never get a Half screen problem. But there is anew problem. When I will switch on my Tv and Reciever I have to wait a lot of minutes to get a picture. Round about 5 Minutes. The TV and Reciever shows " No Signal".

With Mediaportal 1.3 I don't had this problem. I think it is related to the new fixes in Mediaportal 1.4 pre relase.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First a quick tag to @Scythe42 :)
    It would probably be helpful if you could specify the exact times when you turn on the TV and receiver and when you see picture.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please provide some proper debug logs (full set per DEBUG mode) and do a single test with turning TV off & on again. Sifting through a long log file is a bit tedious and the Watchdog debug tool provides a lot of other info. Also gfx card info & driver versions would help @Scythe42 here.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First a quick tag to @Scythe42 :)
    It would probably be helpful if you could specify the exact times when you turn on the TV and receiver and when you see picture.

When I go to bed I switch off the TV and Reciever. My Pc is alwasy on. The next Day I came home from work, I put the Tv and Reciver on. Now I have tgo wait 4 minutes to get a picture on the TV and a signal on the reciever.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to check it doesn't come back to life if you press a button on remote?

Can you try starting MP in debug mode before you go to bed and see if you have the same issue when you then everything back on?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When I go to bed I switch off the TV and Reciever. My Pc is alwasy on. The next Day I came home from work, I put the Tv and Reciver on. Now I have tgo wait 4 minutes to get a picture on the TV and a signal on the reciever.
    I asked for exact times because from the logs I can't tell the difference between when you turn the TV and receiver on and when you get picture and signal. So sorry, but this information is not precise enough.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to check it doesn't come back to life if you press a button on remote?

Can you try starting MP in debug mode before you go to bed and see if you have the same issue when you then everything back on?

I will test this evening with the debug mode. And it doesn't came back when I press a button on the keyboard.

Because I thought maybe it is a screen saver from MediaPortal I have this already disabled.[DOUBLEPOST=1369236537][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I asked for exact times because from the logs I can't tell the difference between when you turn the TV and receiver on and when you get picture and signal. So sorry, but this information is not precise enough.

The times are not always exactly the same. Sometimes it takes longer and sometimes not so long. When I short turn off the TV and turn on again once I get a picture instantly. But I will try to get the exact times, tomorrow.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Somy new information. It happens with the debug mode, too. I had put the Tv and Reciever yesterday at 10.16 pm off and had put it on today at 5:08 pm. It tooks 5 minutes to get a picture. So I get a picture at 5.13 pm.

You can see my Hardware information on my Profile (ThorstenPC)

It is connect over a Reciever (Onkyo TX-SR606) with the TV (LG 42SL9500).Between the TV, Reciever and PC I have connect the USB CEC Adapter from Pulse Eight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom