[confirm] Windows 8 error - page fault in nonpaged area (1 Viewer)

cjb

January 1, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Interested in changing from Windows 8 Media center to Media Portal. Installed Media Portal 1.3 beta on Windows 8 with Media center. Install seems to have worked properly but encountering issue when I try to configure it. I have a Hauggpauge WinTV-HVR-2250 .

When I scan for tv channels ( Haugpauge) I keep getting a system crash with the error "page fault in nonpaged area". Did some research and tested hardware and memory with no fault found. At this point I think it may be a conflict with Windows Media center or some fault in MediaPortal.

Any suggestion on how to clear.

System is Windows 8 with WMC
AMD 925 4 cores
8 GB ram
120Gb SDD ( windows) and 2TB hard drive ( TV and Movies) + 1 TB hard drive (music)[DOUBLEPOST=1357483839][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is the error log

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
It's probably a bad 64bit driver - one that doesn't deal with 4Gb+ RAM. I had a hard time finding working ones for my tuners, the ones MS serves were all broken.

To test: run msconfig.exe, boot tab->advanced options, maximum memory 4096. Reboot. If that fixes it you can either leave it locked to <4Gb or you'll need to download drivers till you find a working one.

swyn

February 2, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the exact same issue and a similar setup. Windows 8, AMD A8-5600K, 8 GB RAM, and a WinTV HVR-2250. Hauppauge claims this card/drivers are compatible with Windows 8. I tried restricting the maximum memory with no results. WinTV (included with the card), Windows Media Center, NextPVR all have no issues. I have tried this on both MediaPortal 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 beta with the same results.

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Try putting TVService.exe into XP SP3 compatibility mode. I had random reboots before doing that, been relatively stable for about 10 days since. Caveat: the restarts never left a trace in the system logs so you may have a different problem. Also have a look at the Area 51 TS deadlock thread, it may be the problem and disabling idle EPG updates may help.

toga67

Portal Pro
October 15, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
The first thing you have to do is to stop the Windows 8 Media Center Services (ehRecvr, ehSched), because the services also want to use your TV Card and that causes conflicts with MP. You also can do this in the MP TV Server Config (Additional Third Party checks). Hopefully your problem will disappear afterwards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom