Windows 8 - TVService fails to start following hibernation (1 Viewer)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have taken the opportunity to set up a new PC with Windows 8 and various new hardware, mainly it is a fanless system, but with SSD card, and 2 TB WD disk drive for storage.

The new set up are as follows:-
    Intel Core i3 3225 Dual Core CPU (Socket 1155, 3.30GHz, 3MB Cache, Ivy Bridge, 55W)
    Corsair (CML16GX3M2A1600C9) Vengeance Low Profile 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz CL 9 Performance Desktop Memory Two Module Kit Black
    Streacom FC9 Black Full Aluminium Fanless
    Streacom 150W nanoPSU and AC/DC adapter block
    Streacom ST-OB2 Slot-Load Blu-ray Drive for Streacom Chassis
    TBS 6280 Dual Freeview HD Low-profile PCIe TV Tuner Card DVB-T2
    Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H-TH 1155 Socket 7.1 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard
    WD 2TB Green Desktop 3.5" Hard Drive SATA III
    Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive

As an establish Mediaportal user, where I already have Windows 7 system set up as per my system spec, I have had no issue with the resuming from hibernation (I do not use sleep) for the past 18 months.

However under Windows 8, when the system resume after hibernation, there is NO guarantee, that on starting up of Mediaportal that TV services will work, they always fail, and Mediaportal just hangs. After ending this task under task manager, I tried to restart TVservice in Services, but it failed to close, so only a restart of the PC fix the problem until it hibernates, then I am back to square one.

I have configured Windows 8 to hibernate correctly, and this is all confirmed from the registry, and Sleep setting is set to 'never'. Also I do not use hybrid sleep.

I have also searched the forum, I see that there has been issues in resuming from sleep in Windows 8, but was advise to use hibernation, but I don't see the feedback from the users that this solved the problem or any new 'fix'.

So I am stuck with this problem, but I still have the old system to fall back at the moment, but I am keen to move on with this new setup that I am trying to work on.

I will attach the log's (debug) of this problem, in the hope that someone can assist me to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks.

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Update since my entry posted back in April.

After thorough investigation, I found that the TV Card (TBS 6280) did not always appear in device manager, hence the problem I have been experiencing (tuner not found), whilst I have downloaded the latest BIOS, this did not resolve the problem. So I have been in contact with both Manufacturer of Motherboard and TV tuner card (Gigabyte and TBS), and they are currently working to resolve this (hopefully!).

However moving the TV Tuner card to a PCIe x 16 (from the original PCIe x 1 slot) did solve the problem, however it is my plan to purchased another of these cards, so I will need to use the PCIe x 1 slot that was intended originally (I only have 1 x PCIe x 16 slot, but two PCIe x 1 slots).

That's all Folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom