Windows Explorer Shortcuts (1 Viewer)

Jason Carpenter

May 1, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just started using MediaPortal and am looking for a feature or plugin to allow MediaPortal to recognize and navigate Windows Explorer Shortcut Links. Windows Media Center is able to do this which allowed me to create two folders on my media drive "unwatched" and "favorites". As I rip my movie library I typical place the AVI files into folders based on genre, movie franchise, etc. Then I sometimes create a windows shortcut link which can be placed in either my favorites or unwatched directory. This gives me quick access to an ever growing list of unwatched movies (there is just so many hours in the day....) or my favorite movies (when I just want to watch something I know I enjoy).

MediaPortal does not list these shortcut files when I open those directories. I've seen at least two other older (several years) post on here asking similar questions but both were either unanswered or replies went along a tangent path about unique genre names, etc. that didn't really resolve my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Links do not work at the moment and I am not sure if someone is implementing support for it.

But there are other solutions. You might want to try the MovingPicutres plugin. It will track the watched status (using trakt service it may even track watched status across different devices). You can mark favourites, etc.

Jason Carpenter

May 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the information. I've actually went ahead and installed the MovingPictures plugin and it definitely helps a lot. I had other reasons for using the shortcut links when viewing my movie library from other machines not running mediaportal, but I think over time they might become obsolete.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom