Operating System Windows Server 2003 (1 Viewer)

PeteMy

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a home network with a Windows SBS 2003 server. I thought it would be really useful to install the MP TV Server on there, as it's always on, and have the TV Client, with the rest of MP, on a Windows client. Trouble is, it doesn't work because:

1) There is no WMP 11 version for Server 2003 (an essential requirement)
2) The MP documentation says it's nort supported, although it might still work - it's just that there's no support.

Does anyone know of a work-around that could get over the lack of WMP 11? Could I install the required drivers manually? I only want the TV server running - I don't want to watch TV on the server, only on the clients.

As I said, I know Team MediaPortal say that configuration is not supported, but it would be really neat if I could get it working.

Cheers,

Pete

PeteMy

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Joerg,

Thanks, that's great.

I have just run the URL through Yahoo Babelfish and, whilst it won't win the Pulitzer Prize, it looks understandable. I think I can follow it.

Thanks again,

Pete

gardnertina

August 13, 2009
Annoying that it is such a hassle to install WMP 11 on a Windows 2003 box, I understand it's not really meant to be since it's a server OS and all but I bet they could easily make it compatible. Does anyone know if the new Windows server 2008 is compatible with the latest windows media player? Even if it is, mediaportal probably isn't :p But W2k8 is in some ways similar to vista actually, could work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom