Windows temp folder growing larger and larger (1 Viewer)

rocky500

Portal Member
December 9, 2005
I have been a user of Mediaportal for years and think it is great.
I installed MP1 on a PC machine in my bedroom which is Windows 7 64bit around 2 months ago.
Was working great.
Then decided to try the new MP2. Have both installed, no tuner cards.
I have noticed my Windows/Temp folder is filling up quickly. The last 2 times it was around 6.3GB. This time today it was 18.9GB in size.There all folders with the files inside all seem to have a little padlock on them in the corner.
I am logged in as a Administrator.
I could manually select all (83,920 items) then delete them all except for around 15 folders which windows said I could not.
Rebooted and tried to delete one of the folders and Windows said No as something along the line of it was been used by MediaPortal 2 service.
Uninstalled MP2 and then I was able to delete them.

Does anyone else notice there Windows/Temp folder is growing as well?
You have to go right into the folder to see all the folders in there that have been created.

It could be just my machine. I also just upgraded Kaspersky Internet security 2014 to 2015 around the same time.

Will see how it goes now with MP2 uninstalled.

rocky500

Portal Member
December 9, 2005
Now that I have uninstalled MP2, the Temp folder is empty all the time.

Before it would grow in Gigabytes in days. The 18.9GB in the above post was only over a few days.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you create media sources that contain zip/iso files? At least zip archives need to be temporary extracted for accessing content. This could explain big temp folder.

rocky500

Portal Member
    December 9, 2005
    Did you create media sources that contain zip/iso files? At least zip archives need to be temporary extracted for accessing content. This could explain big temp folder.

Yes I did point it to many hard drives from many machines.
    This makes sense now as a lot of the files were Zips from many many many years ago that I had forgotten about that are also stored on many of these Hard drives.
    I would say I pointed it to at least 10+ TB of data. :)
    I use these drives to store everything including TV and movies I have.

I do this with Media Portal 1 on 2 machines and now I see it may work a little different in v2.

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I tried to look at this issue, packed a large movie into a zip-file, let MP2-Server Import the path (which worked) and tried to Play it. But I got an error, that there isn't a mediaelement. I attach the Client.log, were some Errors can be found...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you attach the MP2-Server log as well? I think there is the root of this issue

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure. Plz ignore all Errors, which are older than my Post above (I played around on different things, so there might be other Errors).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, you seem to have been run out of disk space:
    [2015-02-01 12:50:51,773] [6775248] [Thread15 ] [INFO ] - ErrorReportingService: Could not send error report to service: System.IO.IOException: Es steht nicht genug Speicherplatz auf dem Datenträger zur Verfügung.

You should delete the folder C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\OneTrueError with pending error reports.

Realkane

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oh lol, sry. But really strange, had 120 GB free on this System yesterday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom