WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal) (1 Viewer)

JMD

December 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
SitzRiese: If you restart your computer WinMount will drop the archive just like you described. I guess it would be possible to programmatically click OK on the nag screen, but I have a feeling that method isn’t allowed to discuss here.

Senilix: Sadly that’s true, I have been quite busy lately so I haven’t had time to look in to the issue. But I’m interested in knowing if anyone else is having (or not having) the blue screen problems, maybe we can find something in common. Which OS do you use? Do you have Daemon Tools installed?

D-Code

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This plugin is great!

Have only had one problem with it, and that is with archive paths that are longer than 127 characters. These will not play and hangs MediaPortal for 30 seconds.

Have compiled a WinMountPluggin.dll that fixes this issue. So far, it seems to be working fine.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This plugin is great!

Have only had one problem with it, and that is with archive paths that are longer than 127 characters. These will not play and hangs MediaPortal for 30 seconds.

Have compiled a WinMountPluggin.dll that fixes this issue. So far, it seems to be working fine.

Can you post it, as I'm running into this problem currently. Thanks!

memturbo

April 23, 2009
    Hi guys a great program Ive been using for months is see and be auto unpacker

See and Be - AutoUnpack - Home

This works flawlessly especially if you use a newsgroup downloader

What it does is monitor your folders for new files then it will fix and extract them .

Hope you like it .

D-Code

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have been continuing the work that JMD began.

Note that this is no perfect software, so some of you may not get this plugin to work properly. But that is what we have this forum for: post bug-reports so that they get known and hopefully get fixed. :)

Here is what I have done so far:

Revision: 6
    New: MediaPortal can play subtitles found in a Subs folder that contain a valid subtitle rar file.

Revision: 5
    Changed:
    Version number is fetched dynamically.
    Dummy archive is only mounted if WinMount is in trial mode.

Revision: 3
    Increased version number to 1.1.0.0

Changed:
    If multiple files are found, the first file recognized as video is played.
    Video files can be inside a folder.

Fixed: error message - unable to play.

Revision: 2
    Fixed: archive paths over 127 characters cannot be mounted correctly.

Revision: 1
    First check-in. Original code by JMD: MediaPortal Forum - View Profile: JMD

Tested with WinMount version 3.3.0401 and MediaPortal version 1.1.0 RC1 (1.0.5.25080).

Attachments

• WinMountPluggin-1.1.0.0-r6.zip
      30.7 KB

vrm

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hey, nice work! Plugin works fine for me, but...

Revision: 6
    New: MediaPortal can play subtitles found in a Subs folder that contain a valid subtitle rar file.

I don't get it. The subtitle option in plugin's config is greyed out and I can't see any subtitles.

D-Code

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Right now there are no options to choose for subtitles. I plan on implementing them though.

When an archive is selected, a sub-folder by the name of Subs is searched for. If it contains a rar file, it too will be mounted. Sometimes there is yet another archive inside the subtitle archive. In that case it will be extracted so everything ends up in the same place for MediaPortal to see. Have had some problems with subtitle archives with another archive in it, but it will be fixed in the next version.
    The plugin does not handle movies split into multiple CD folders, yet - subtitles don't work, and MediaPortal does not seamlessly play from beginning to end over multiple CDs.

D-Code

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A new version - 1.1.0.1 - has arrived.

Change log:

Revision: 10
    Changed: movie is started automatically also for movies split-up into multiple CD folders.
    Improved: better support for movies split-up into multiple CD folders.

Revision: 9
    Fixed: when playing a stack, sometimes subtitle archives are included, stopping playlist flow.

Revision: 8
    Fixed: WinMount crashes when selecting an archive within a mounted path - not allowed.

Revision: 7
    Fixed: sometimes archives within subtitle archives do not get extracted.
    New: support for movies split-up into several CDs, including subtitles.

Attachments

• WinMountPluggin-1.1.0.1-r11.zip
      30.7 KB

D-Code

Portal Member
    February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    New version - 1.1.0.2

New in this version: support for DVD images inside archives. Daemon Tools is used for mounting DVD image. Therefore, configure Daemon Tools via MediaPortal configuration.

Attachments

• WinMountPluggin-1.1.0.2-r15.zip
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom