WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal) (1 Viewer)

vrm

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hey, plugin doesn't work with RC2 :(

Please take a look in my file structure and tell me if it should work or not. It doesn't.
If I had a mistake, please enlighten me :)

[MOVIE FOLDER]
-[SUBS]
-subtitle.rar --> moviename.srt

movie.r00
movie.r01
movie.rar -->moviename.avi

:THX:

D-Code

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Please, describe the problem in more detail. For instance: is nothing happening when selecting an archive, or is it just subtitles that are not being displayed?
As to your file and folder structure, it looks correct.

Development has been done based on RC1. Haven't tested the plugin with RC2. Guess I should upgrade though. Will report back with the results of my testing.

vrm

Portal Pro
November 7, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Please, describe the problem in more detail. For instance: is nothing happening when selecting an archive, or is it just subtitles that are not being displayed?
As to your file and folder structure, it looks correct.

Development has been done based on RC1. Haven't tested the plugin with RC2. Guess I should upgrade though. Will report back with the results of my testing.

Sorry! Movie playback is fine as I wrote some posts ago, but I can't see any subs.

You said that winmount should mount the subs.rar too, well, it doesn't do that.
I mount it manually, but subs still not show up, I also can't see VSFilter's icon appearing in the systray.
Any more I can tell?

D-Code

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The reason that the subtitles are not being mounted could be because there is a delay in the file system, which prevents the plugin to see the subtitle files, and will therefore not mount them. (This can be adjusted in the new version.)

Try to extract everything manually and then play. If it still does not works, then the plugin is not to blame.

Here is the change log of the new version:

Revision: 17
Changed: increased version to 1.1.0.3.
Fixed: plugin crash - dispose method, that is called on play, nullifies variable.

New:
Possibility to adjust the time to wait for file system, after WinMount operation, via plugin setup.
Notify user if Daemon Tools is disabled when mounting an archive containing an image file.

Revision: 16
Fixed: incompatibility with MediaPortal RC2.

Attachments

• WinMountPluggin-1.1.0.3-r17.zip
    30.7 KB

alturismo

Portal Pro
July 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal)

i have a small problem here

when i start a mount inside MP the TRiAL screen keeps popping up
- in plugin settings the change doesnt take effect, means, the checkbox is unchecked again after opening configuration again

may thats also the reason for the main problem

the mount doesnt work propery, when opening the file explorer i see the drive and theres an folder created with the path
to the mounted file instead the mounted file itself ...
when u mount the same file inside winmount app it mount the .avi or .mkv as supposed to ...

may an idea what could cause this ?

D-Code

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal)

i have a small problem here

when i start a mount inside MP the TRiAL screen keeps popping up
- in plugin settings the change doesnt take effect, means, the checkbox is unchecked again after opening configuration again

may thats also the reason for the main problem

It seems that the latest trial version of WinMount displays the trial nag dialog every time something is mounted. Prior versions only displayed the nag dialog once when mounting something for the first time: as long as there was something mounted, any additional mount would not trigger the nag dialog. I don't know in which version this has been introduced.

The check box is always unchecked because of a bug. Thank you for finding it.

the mount doesnt work propery, when opening the file explorer i see the drive and theres an folder created with the path
to the mounted file instead the mounted file itself ...
when u mount the same file inside winmount app it mount the .avi or .mkv as supposed to ...

may an idea what could cause this ?

I'm not sure I understand. The path may look strange that it ends with .rar or another file extension, but within - this actual folder - should be the contents of the mounted archive.

alturismo

Portal Pro
July 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal)

the folder is there inside the correct drive, but, when i try to enter this folder i get the error "target path not available ...."

when i mount inside winmount app it mounts the file directly without folder/file structure

winmount sample mount
u:/blabla.avi or
u:/folder1/blabla.avi or

when i use cmd line also works just fine, with or without folder structure on virtual drive ...

winmount3 -m "D:\VCD\blabla\CD2\blabla2.rar" -drv:U:\
-- works with mounted file directly in U:
winmount3 -m "D:\VCD\blabla\CD2\blabla2.rar" -drv:U:\blabla\
-- works with mounted file directly in U:\blabla\

when i trigger winmount through MP it looks like this
-- a folder mounted like "U:\ D_/VCD_blabla_CD_blabla.rar"

my final guess is its the slash "/" in mounted foldername from the source drive letter wich is causing this issue ..
windows not accepting this kind of names

may some regxp thingy u using to get the name for your folder name to mount ...

D-Code

Portal Member
February 12, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: WinMount plugin (Play .rar files with MediaPortal)

my final guess is its the slash "/" in mounted foldername from the source drive letter wich is causing this issue ..
windows not accepting this kind of names

may some regxp thingy u using to get the name for your folder name to mount ...

Well, ... that doesn't look right. :p Question is, how did a slash character end up there. :confused:
The path created is based on what MediaPortal gets when the user selects a file to play, and Windows should not allow slash characters. Strange.

Have added the slash as a character to replace with an underscore.
Try this new version that hopefully fixes that problem.

Attachments

• WinMountPluggin-1.1.0.3-r20.zip
    30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom