WinTV-CI Module causes MP hanging on standby (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

since I've got my WinTV-Ci Module I realised that MP hangs my htpc after doing an automatic standby. I get the windows dialogue that windows is preparing for standby and nothing happens anymore. But, when I do a standby using my remote from within MP everything works fine?!

I'm totally confused :confused: detaching or disabling the driver for the wintv-ci solves the problem, but I need the ci module for my pay tv!

I took a look into the logs and everytime when I had the hanging standby windows dialogue I could see in the logs that there was a user input detected!? From the wintv-ci??? So I detached every input device and others too, but guess... same as before :( So I wrote a script using DEVCON to disable the wintv-ci driver before standby (for executing under Power Scheduler under run command) but that didn't work and I'm totally frustrated and out of Ideas for a workaround :( and hope anybody can help me!?! :)

THX & Regards
ARE2

PS: Will post detailed Logs later when I'm back home.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: X-Face 1.9
Windows Version: Windows XP (32bit) SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon AM2 X64 6000+
HDD: Samsung 2TB SATA II
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus M3N78 PRO
Video Card: GForce 9500 GT
Video Card Driver: 195.62
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Sound Card AC3: AC3/SPDIF
Sound Card Driver: 2.6 Realtek HD Audio
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 4000 + WinTV-CI
1. TV Card Type: DVN-S, DVB-S2, Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 4.6b
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cybelink PowerDVD 8 & 9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 Filter 3.6b
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E, Hotbird 13°E
HTPC Case: INTER-TECH - Desktop Arris A2 Black
Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja with Noctua Coolers
Power Supply: LCPower 750 Watts
Remote: Logitech Harmony 785
TV: Samsung LE-52A557P
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

had some time to test now on this issue and found aout that it isnt the driver of the Wintv-Ci that is causing the problems but it seems to be something else, because I unchecked the "Cam enabled" option in the TVServer Config and my HTPC is going to standyb and waking up again without problems!?! But of course my scrambled channels are not reachable :\ So I guess it's something in Mediaportal? A Bug? Hope one of the Devs can have a look on the logs cause I need the two posibilities at once, my scrambled channels and the automatic standby when MP is idle e.g. after a Recording.

View attachment 55173

Thx & Regards
ARE2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom