Wintv-express vista Mod to MP (1 Viewer)

thermonuclea

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello can you help me get this tv card to run?

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
sure we can. We really do need to know some basic information first.

Which version of media portal are you running? Which version of TVServer?

Do you have a set-top cable or satellite box?

Are you getting any errors?

thermonuclea

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
I belive it has a bt878 chipset so far I have it working with the newest downloads but there is no audio. Im hopeing i can get a better software support here!

I have not downloaded MP yet because I wasnt sure it will work with my wintv card

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
so u have no audio in Media Center? What is the card connected to? A set-top box or directly to a coax cable or something?

do u have it connected like this?
attachment.php

Attachments

• wintvexpress.jpg
    wintvexpress.jpg
    113.6 KB

thermonuclea

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
Mine is like that but no fm radio. I have noT downloaded MC or MP its running on wintv32. That is the Hauppauge software that is running on Vista. It worked just great with XP. muy new system is 3 gig with 2 gig ram dou cpu e8400 intel Q35

Im running FTA several channels on an antenna...but i cant get the audio up. sooooo will some other software run this winTV-express with Booktree bt878 chips work on Vista. Its been a bitch getting drvers to work with vista

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
Im trying to help you, but you arent givng me much information to work with. I know you are most likely frustrated right now, cause I kow I sure was, but I really need more information.

To confirm, you have a plug going from the audio output of your Hauppauge card to the line-in of your sound card? If so, have you checked that the line-in of your sound card is not muted?

thermonuclea

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
Oh sure i been there:) It has its own audio out. But yes I have looked hard to find any audio hiss or anything. Im thinking it just isnt there. Again this wintv card worked on XP in anouther computer. And its been 3 days trying to get the drivers to work on XP. I did get a good install now without errors on vista...just no audio out even if i jump it over to my main sound card...i have two speaker systems up looking for the audio. also it takes a bit of messing to get the vidie to interlace right..but it does look nice after i get it locked on....just no audio

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
hmm... seems like it would be a lot easier just to buy a card that is supported in vista? You could try downloading MP and trying different audio codecs to see if anything works, or you could try running the antenna thru something else first (TV? STB?), then using the audio out of that something to connect to your line-in on your sound card?

thermonuclea

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
Yeah im thinking your right. Too bad its not supported better. Whos card do you have any recs?

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
I have two Hauppauge HVR 1800's. However, if I understand correctly these cards wont work so great for FTA after the digital transition. Doesnt bother me as I am using them with my cable STB. I think hauppauge is making some cards that do FTA via digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom