WinTV-NOVA-T Stick - No Video/Audio Detected (uk) (1 Viewer)

kiniki

July 25, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I'm running 1.4.0 on Windows 7.

No Hauppage software installed except the driver for the TV stick.... TV config has picked up channels. I didn't preview straight away and instead went directly into MP. It worked once, and I could watch all of the channels...

Then I closed down MP, reopened and now no matter what I do I get "No Video/Audio Detected" on all channels.

Any idea on what's going wrong?

kiniki

July 25, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Further inspection seems to be poor reception on all but a few channels... Which is odd as WMC doesn't have a problem and external ariel works fine directly into the TV...

Any idea why MP would have worse signal strength compared to WMC?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

The RealAndy

Portal Member
    September 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Edit: I think i misread your original problem. My problem was that once i let the card go idle (i.e. not tuned for a number of hours, the card would lock and i would get no channel found. A reboot would fix the problem until i once again left it idle. I think perhaps your problem is different.

Yes - i had the same problem on the same stick.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers

In advanced tuning options ensure the setting "when card enters idle state" is changed from Paused to Stopped.

This fixed my issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom