WIP - MyEmulators skin update (1 Viewer)

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi all,

I have been continuing work on the MyEmulators skin that hulkhaugen started a while back. Many of the changes that I have made have also required some modifications to the plugin itself. Here's a quick overview of what I have done so far.

System select screen

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is now possible to enter system description, company, year, grade and fanart via the MyEmulators config.

attachment.php

New artwork config area:
attachment.php

The artwork that gets used for the individual games works like this:

If a game has fanart, it will be shown. If the game does not have fanart, the plugin will try to use the fanart defined for the overall emulator. Same applies for the thumbnail image.

Game select screen - Small icons view
attachment.php

Game select screen - Large icons view
attachment.php

Game select screen - List view
attachment.php

Game select screen - Filmstrip view
attachment.php

The filmstrip view has a few problems that I could do with a little help on:

1. When I navigate using the arrow keys / remote, the title and thumbnail image always shows the correct info for the selected item, however the other fields sometimes do not update and show the info for the previous item.

2. The images in the filmstrip are cropped. In the other views they maintain their aspect ratio and are centered in their placeholders. I could not find how to do that with the images in the filmstrip, is it possible?

Can anyone help with these 2 items?

Attachments

• systemselect1.jpg
    systemselect1.jpg
    92.3 KB
  • systemselect2.jpg
    systemselect2.jpg
    67.8 KB
  • emuconfig.jpg
    emuconfig.jpg
    97 KB
  • thumbs.jpg
    thumbs.jpg
    132.7 KB
  • smallicons.jpg
    smallicons.jpg
    196.9 KB
  • largeicons.jpg
    largeicons.jpg
    181.6 KB
  • list.jpg
    list.jpg
    177.4 KB
  • filmstrip.jpg
    filmstrip.jpg
    147.1 KB

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This looks really good. I like what you did with the small/big icon view. I think that is the best way to view myemulators when you have a lot of games, but I could never think of a good way to pull it off in streamedMP.

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
This is shaping up to be totally awesome. I really like the way that it looks and am excited about finally putting a nice skin into myemulators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom