With Myflims how do I add a movie that AMC updater can't find (1 Viewer)

Jon.ward

Portal Member
December 21, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Been searching for a while but haven't found any answers
I know I have a few movies that AMC will not find on the web. I have cover art for them as well, what is the best way to manually add them (including the cover art).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Jon - welcome! Can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean AMC will not find on the web? How are you importing the movies - via AMC, AMCUpdater, within My Films GUI?

I am guessing the movie is added to My Films but no cover/data?
    To get the cover to display, just add it to the folder/path you specify in My Films Setup under artwork.
    You also have the option to choose folder.jpg stored in the movie folder, or even an NFO file and movietitle.jpg stored in your movie folder.
    There are a few options, I can try to give you more tips if you can give me more details, but I don't want to confuse/overload you, so let's see if the above works for you first ;)

Jon.ward

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Dadeo.
    An Example of a DVD is a Winnie the Pool DVD for my child
    What I have been doing is using the AMCUpdater to search IMDB, I know that IMDB doesn't know the DVD so it wont find the information. In "Moving Picture" I could just add it as blank in the importer then go and edit it and add cover art etc.

How is the best way to add a Ad-hoc DVD or home video like this?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Gotcha - in fact the default setting for import in My Films GUI is to auto add the media if no match is found.
    If you wish to do the same while using AMC Updater just select 'Auto match and media only if no match' under import behaviour on the Import Movies tab. See AMCUpdater > Import Movies tab for more details.

Jon.ward

Portal Member
    December 21, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What if I just what to add one and not scan all my other movies I haven't clean up yet or are in the movie folders and I don't want in MyFilms. Is that possibly (not including the option to have the non required films added to the exclude list).

Yes normally I have my importer set to Auto match or ask.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sure just select the movie folder(s) that contain the ones you want to add. However, what do you mean by 'cleaned up' ? If you mean file names, yeah, I keep those separate until ready. However, if you mean other things, I actually find it easier to 'clean up' using AMCUpdater - global/batch updates on the Updates Movie tab. That's something you can't do in other plugins, nor even in some movie catalogs (at least not easily!).

Which Movie Catalog do you use btw? Or are you just using AMCUpdater and My Films?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom