WMA 5.1ch. in WMV only decodes to stereo (1 Viewer)

rcortes

August 20, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
TV-Server Version: N/A
MediaPortal Version: 2.3.0 + latest svn (15586)
MediaPortal Skin: blue
Windows Version: XP+SP2
CPU Type: AMD AThlon 64
HDD: SATA-250Mb
Memory: 1 Gb
Motherboard: ASUS M2A-VM
Motherboard Chipset: AMD/ATI
Motherboard Bios: 10.01 (Latest)
Video Card: ATI X1250 (integrated)
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.8
Sound Card: Realtek HD 833
Sound Card AC3: Realtek SPDIF out
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: N/A
1. TV Card Type: N/A
1. TV Card Driver: N/A
2. TV Card: N/A
2. TV Card Type: N/A
2. TV Card Driver: N/A
3. TV Card: N/A
3. TV Card Type: N/A
3. TV Card Driver: N/A
4. TV Card: N/A
4. TV Card Type: N/A
4. TV Card Driver: N/A
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink+FFDshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: N/A
Cooling: Air
Power Supply: N/A
Remote: N/A
TV: N/A
TV - HTPC Connection: N/A

Hello;

I have the next problem. This problem is described in numerous threads but is no trated like a Bug. Basically the problem is that MediaPortal does not permit to use audio filters like AC3Filter or FFDshow in videos where the audio format is WMA o AAC multichannel. In this cases, both decoders makes downmix to stereo and send signal directly to Direct sound devices. With AAC audio is posible to use FFDshow like decoder and send the audio via spdif in multichannel format.

With others players like MediaPlayerClassic or ZoomPlayer, is posible to send multichannel WMA audio via SPDIF with AC3Filter or FFDshow, but with MediaPortal there is a bug that make it imposible. WMA decoder can not send audio to other filters and makes downmix (because is not configured correctly by code)

You can see the solution (incl. source code) of this problem that is described in this forum, but seems that nobody read it.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/wma_5_1_wmv_decodes_stereo-t10988.html?t=10988&highlight=wmv*

Other descriptions to this problem:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/wmv_5_1_sound_not_working-t24909.html?t=24909&highlight=wmv*
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=861961#post861961

Thanks

rcortes

August 20, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello;

I have been studying the described problem and have seen that MediaPortal does not use the codecs/filters that there are by defect in the system and it does not make case to the priority (merit). In my case, I have only instaled in my system (fresh install) a few codecs that I need to play High Definition movies (WMFormat11, CoreAVC, CoreAAC, Hali splitter, AC3Filter, Cyberlink MPEG2 Decoder and Xvid). All codecs are indepents and every one is for play one diferent format (there are not conficts with codecs/filters). I dont have instaled default MediaPortal MPEG-2 codecs.

If we compared with others players like Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic or Zoom Player, we can see that these three always use the same sequence of codecs/Filters.

With MediaPortal it does not happen the same, although codecs are configurated in the application for use.

I put several examples:
I have configured MediaPortal to use AC3Filter like audio codec.
* Playing 6 channel audio file AAC with Media player classic:
Chain of codecs: CoreAAC->AC3Filter->Direct sound device (SPIDF): The 6 channels of audio are listened perfectly
* Same file with MediaPortal:
Chain of codecs: CoreAAC->Direct sound device (SPDIF): It makes Downmix and only 2 channels are listened.

* Playing 6 channel audio file WMA with Media player classic:
Chain of codecs: WMA Decoder DMO->AC3Filter->Direct sound device (SPIDF): The 6 channels of audio are listened perfectly
* Same file with MediaPortal:
Chain of codecs: WMA Decoder DMO->Direct sound device (SPDIF): It makes Downmix and only 2 channels are listened.

Why is it happening? If I force AC3Filter in PostProcesing section, I can see in graphedit that the codec is loaded but is not used.

Can you study and solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I see the same problem.

I have got Windows Media Player (latest version) and Media Player Classic to play wma pro 5.1 through AC3 filter (or FFD Audio) with 6 channel input and output to AC3 on my receiver. No downmixing (5.1 -> 2.0 -> 5.1). Unfortunatly I can't get this working with Mediaportal.

I would be so happy if this was fixed!

One question: I read some people view their mediaportalgraph in graphedit. How do they do that? I can m,anage to load graph from a static mkv or avi file, but have not a clue how to load MediaPorta;'s graph into graph edit.

rcortes

August 20, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello;

If you want see what filter are used by one application, you have to select in graphedit the next menu option: File->Connect to Remote Graph. Next appears a new window with one or more lines that are currently open aplications that are using DirectDraw (usually only one). You have to select it and voilá.....

Greetings,

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks,

Late last night I found this option.

Indeed, MP does not add FFD Audio or AC3 Filter to the graph. I hope this gets solved soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom