[solved] WMA support (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am out of town for about 10 days. I believe I have all the online sources selected but will check when back home.

As for the naming conform of my albums, that is the default that Windows Media Player rips CD. It uses the conform of:
    Artist->Album->Song. So if there is a multi disc album (like the Ry Cooder example you showed) The album's name is appended with Disc 1, Disc 2, ...

Are you stating that MP3 music uses a 4 tier system: Artist->Album->Disc #->Song?

WMA size is usually 3MB - 5MB.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am out of town for about 10 days. I believe I have all the online sources selected but will check when back home.

As for the naming conform of my albums, that is the default that Windows Media Player rips CD. It uses the conform of:
    Artist->Album->Song. So if there is a multi disc album (like the Ry Cooder example you showed) The album's name is appended with Disc 1, Disc 2, ...

Are you stating that MP3 music uses a 4 tier system: Artist->Album->Disc #->Song?

WMA size is usually 3MB - 5MB.
    No, Im not saying this. But the importer would only correctly detect songs, if those things can be distinguished. If the tags are available the folder structure would be not important. But I'm still not sure, if your songs have tags, so a sample could answer this.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I checked the Online sources selected and saw that only 1 was selected. I selected all of them, reimported the music and all of the albums and songs now appear. So it was user error that caused the partial song lists.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom