[solved] WMA support (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installed MP 2.3.2. Was glad to see that it retained all my settings. I figured that with un-installing 2.3.1 I would have to go back through all the setups.

Selecting Audio from the main menu bar now shows a "Music" folder and selecting that does show my collection in the correct alphabetical order and when I drill down into an artist, all the albums & songs appear to be there. So that is great. However, if I select the Album or Artist menu item, it still is a jumbled alphabetical order and only a few songs per artist or album.

Thanks!
    This can only be answered, if you upload here log files after an import.

Being in the audio library view have you tried to enter to the left slide menu and look into the “sorting” entry? Also what are you filtering for? “Album artist” or “artist” ?

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I checked the Library view Sorting setting and it was set to nothing, so I chose Name. That fixed the view so now the Library view is in correct alphabetical order (see attachment MP2_Audio_Library). The Filter was set to Show All, I changed it to Album artist.

However, if I select an artist from the list, the results are still random album & song (see attachment MP2_AudioArtist). In this example, I have 2 Albums by 10,000 Maniacs, but there are only 2 songs from one album & 4 from the other, only a partial listing.

If I switch to Folder view and select 10,000 Maniacs, both albums appear with the correct number of songs (see attachment MP2_Audio_Maniacs)

Attachments

• MP2_Audio_Library.png
      MP2_Audio_Library.png
      975 KB
    • MP2_Audio_Artist.png
      MP2_Audio_Artist.png
      1.1 MB
    • MP2_Audio_Maniacs.png
      MP2_Audio_Maniacs.png
      927.9 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-02-05-11.59.53.zip
      831.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, if I select an artist from the list, the results are still random album & song (see attachment MP2_AudioArtist). In this example, I have 2 Albums by 10,000 Maniacs, but there are only 2 songs from one album & 4 from the other, only a partial listing.
    But this is correct. If you filter for an artist, all songs of this artist are shown. If he sang songs contained in 2 albums, songs from two albums are shown.
    You would need to filter from "album artist" to see what you desire I think.
    Are all songs ok, if you directy open the album from album filter view? If so, all data are ok, just you set the wrong filter (artist --> album artist).

The folder view always shows items as on your hard disk, but you loose most advantages of a htpc software. The library view refers to the information from the data base created during the inital import.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help!

In the example I showed, 10,000 Maniacs is the Artist of every song on the albums. The third screenshot (Folder view) shows both albums and the correct song count for each album. I am filtering by Album artist and not Artist in these examples.

What I am trying to point out is that if I use Folder view I see the correct artists, albums , and songs. If I use Library view, I see only a few songs from each album. From your last line in your response, it makes sense that Folder view is correct because it is physically what is present. The data base appears to be incomplete or I have an incorrect setting/sort/filter. Did the log files show any import issues/errors?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did the log files show any import issues/errors?
    Unfortunately I could not find the needed infos in the attached logs. Could you remove the audio share once and re-add it. Also it’s important to set the log files to debug. My guess is, that the scrapping from the online sources is the issue.
    @Lehmden does the media buddy also support wma files to create nfo file?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    does the media buddy also support wma files to create nfo file?
    There is a setting that allows the user to add as many audio extensions as he like. The only limit is, ffmpeg needs to support it. .wma is among the default supported extensions so Media-Buddy supports .wma ootb...
    Zwischenablage-1a.jpg

Sorry for German screenshot but you could see where to find this, I think...

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    I found the setting for DeBug, that is On now. Not sure if I understand "remove and re-add audio share". I assume you mean go into Settings->Media sources->Media sources configuration->Remove media sources and then add it back?

Also, curious about the "scrapping online sources". Does MP2 use online sources to look up an album and create the song list? (ignore if this is not the place to describe this)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found the setting for DeBug, that is On now. Not sure if I understand "remove and re-add audio share". I assume you mean go into Settings->Media sources->Media sources configuration->Remove media sources and then add it back?
    Yes, I meant it like you said.

Also, curious about the "scrapping online sources". Does MP2 use online sources to look up an album and create the song list? (ignore if this is not the place to describe this)
    It depends what you set in the options. You can also disable online sources, but then you won’t have artists, fanart etc. because wma files have no tags as mp3 files. An option could be to use e.g. media buddy and disable online scrapping.
    You can also chose which online sources to use in settings.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Attached is logs with debug on and removing than adding again my music.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-02-08-11.01.50.zip
      5.5 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks.
    I see several issues. The naming of your albums is not conform and creates issues:
    AudioMetadataExtractor: Unable to get online data for audio file '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///F:/Music/Ry Cooder/Music by Ry Cooder Disc 2/08 Goose and Lucky.wma'
    Disc x should not be part of the album folder, but a sub folder. Only, if the files are tagged correctly, it won't matter.

The problematic tracks from your screenshot were not available in the logs, so they were not imported.
    "Because the Night"
    "These Are Days"

Which online sources do you have activated? Easiest would be you send me the related files in a private message and I try to reproduce it here. Even a single wma file would help to see, if and how they are tagged.
    But I'm not sure about the wma file size, I guess better than wav, but far away from the mp3 file size.

You could also try to re-tag the related wma files with MP3tag. I've just read, that it supports also wma files and switch off online sources completely for audio. Then only the local tags are used and we can exclude any online scrapping issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom