WMP10 Energy Bliss in MP (1 Viewer)

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    All the other visual plugins are fine but using Energy Bliss goes extremely choppy (looks to be fullscreen only) when used to play music/cds etc. Playing the cd with that visual plugin in WMP10 works perfectly though. Can anyone else give this a try and confirm it perhaps.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't believe I'm bringing this back up after over a year... But after playing with the Energy Bliss visualization, running it in MP at full screen is still choppy.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool! I have yesterdays CVS but no fix... This isn't something I can just drop in to my Media Portal folder right?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right, the patch is in the form of C# code and needs to be added to CVS & compiled, but hey this post is over a year old so a few more days/weeks shouldn't hurt! :wink:

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    cheezey said:

Afraid this patch won't make it into the code - Some plugins will cause a resolution change and this can be bad for people using TV out - i.e. could be destructive. So it's been decided it's too 'dangerous' to include into the build.

There's no practical way of determining if a plugin is safe. Mmm, though I do wonder if running exclusive fullscreen would prevent a plugin changing resolution (the D3D runtime really oughten allow it anyway)....in which case this could be a way of safeguarding the res change, and users would just have to ensure plugins were configured to use their MP res.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom