h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Virgin Media
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC 17
    Cooling: 4 fans
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Delll 22" TFT
    TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

I woke up this morning and MP was no longer working and kept crashing when trying to open. It was fine last night, and the only thing I can see that has changed was that MS Update had installed 3 security updates when the PC started.
    When I get home tonight I will un-install the updates and see what has happened, but in the meantime I am posting my logs in case this is the start of a wider issue and the updates are breaking something??

I will report back later on tonight and let you know if uninstalling the updates worked, as other users might experience other problems..

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    No, this turned into a really strange one...
    Uninstalled the updates and then rebooted the machine, it took several attempts as MP would crash before starting up properly and in event viewer I had audit failures for the 'sa' user being unable to connect to the database.
    The TV server config tool would crash with the message that no TV server was running. Eventually managed to start it, and I had no config at all for MP, all the channels were missing, mapping gone, no TV logo's, the folder wasn't even there anymore, WebEPG had no mappings, complete blank. At first I thought that maybe the MS updates had failed and the machine had booted to a previous restore point, but nothing in the logs indicated this.
    Seeing as I had to set everything up again, I completely uninstalled MP and went to RC3 instead. Still have to set everyting up, but I must say I like the new look interface - very slick, well done guys.
    A complete mystery as to what happened, watched it all night OK, went to bed and woke up to a trashed install. The only thing I can see that changed was the 3 MS updates that were installed when I booted up yesterday morning...

Now I have a weekend of setting everything up again, when I was hoping to wait until 1.0..

One done, this time I am going to image it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom