[Info] WOL ideas for external network (ie via port forwarding) (1 Viewer)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi I have successfully installed aMPdroid and got it working on my phone and tablet. All aspects are great even via external internet and port forwarding to the server. (yay - much improved experience over previous versions)

I have succeeded in WOL on internal network. My server is in standby mode via power scheduler and works fine.
I am now on an external 3g network and seem unable to WOL.
I note there is a bit of brief discussion on the forum about all this. Are there some simple useful tricks to point me in the right direction to get this working?

thanks in advance.
Neville

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
Well, what I do to wake my server via 3G is to access my router (e3000 with tomato fw) and send a wol command to the server. (the router sends wol to the server).

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Getting WOL by sending the UDP packages over internet can be problematic, I never succeeded. Apparently a lot of sources can swallow the packages on the way, maybe out or your control. My solutions is to send a command to girder webserver that then sends the UDP WOL package to the computer on the local network.

Google and you will find some webpages that can construct and send the packages over internet. However, it might not work with your internet provider and/or router.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom